423 replies to this topic

#421 thisismatt

thisismatt

Senior Damon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,556 posts
  • Cars:'71 521, '69 521 donor

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

Mike sounds like he's on a grandfathered plan that still allows 3rd party hosting, but will stop allowing that at the end of 2018. I can see his pictures and I'm not using the "fix" for the same reason - it does little good to be able to see the pictures if so many other people can't.
I'm your huckleberry.

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke

#422 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

I use the fix, but I cannot see every ones photos all the time, I cannot see Zenndog's signature photo, nor can I see Bob3's photos here on Ratsun in his thread, but if I search for Bob3's MX520 on the internet and click on one of his photos in the images that show on that search that obviously came from Ratsun, then click on "visit that page/source" in the options I can then see that photo on Ratsun and several others also, this is a complicated system that Photolame has set up to keep photos alive in a search and the results, but to have them replaced in the forum itself to forum users/members with that you need to upgrade image.

I believe the fix is only so I can see my own photos, I can see paying members photos because they are paying, I suspect they have been paying all along a lesser amount, if photos you could not see now suddenly appear then that person paid the higher amount otherwise you should have been able to see them all along, and I am sure there are reasons that a few had to pay because of it being a business decision as they sell parts on forums and they need there photos to show to sell parts, but for a member like me it doesn't make sense to pay that kind of money.

Forums all over the internet have only one entity(Photolame) to blame for this this time, but in the future if it happens again the owners of said forums can only blame themselves if they continue to let photos be hosted from outside sources, and it will happen again if Photolame survives this.

#423 mklotz70

mklotz70

Beelzebub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts
  • Cars:'64 Fairlane wgn, '14 Kia Forte EX, '70 521(wife's), '72 521(mine)

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Thanks Mike. :)

yep....what Matt said.  You can see mine because my account was what was considered a "pro" account way back.....but, that goes away when renewal comes up.  I could renew and still have good links until Dec, but why....not worth the money.

I run the "fix" on chrome......I'm pretty sure it works with all PB pics I come across....even on other forums.....but I'm not positive about that.  

Don't have to be too bright to be me!! :D
Sadly, I prove this nearly everyday!!! :(
www.bluehandsinc.com
youtube.com/bluehandsvideo

#424 Charlie69

Charlie69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Cars:1966 520, 1985 720 ST King Cab, 1986 720 King Cab

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

I use the fix, but I cannot see every ones photos all the time, I cannot see Zenndog's signature photo, nor can I see Bob3's photos here on Ratsun in his thread, but if I search for Bob3's MX520 on the internet and click on one of his photos in the images that show on that search that obviously came from Ratsun, then click on "visit that page/source" in the options I can then see that photo on Ratsun and several others also, this is a complicated system that Photolame has set up to keep photos alive in a search and the results, but to have them replaced in the forum itself to forum users/members with that you need to upgrade image.

I believe the fix is only so I can see my own photos, I can see paying members photos because they are paying, I suspect they have been paying all along a lesser amount, if photos you could not see now suddenly appear then that person paid the higher amount otherwise you should have been able to see them all along, and I am sure there are reasons that a few had to pay because of it being a business decision as they sell parts on forums and they need there photos to show to sell parts, but for a member like me it doesn't make sense to pay that kind of money.

Forums all over the internet have only one entity(Photolame) to blame for this this time, but in the future if it happens again the owners of said forums can only blame themselves if they continue to let photos be hosted from outside sources, and it will happen again if Photolame survives this.

The biggest benefit to the fix in my opinion is that I can see the picture and also when editing to replace the bad Photofuckit picture link with my new PostImage link, by clicking the top left button (BBCode Mode) in the edit window you can see the actual name of the photo instead of the photo.  I find this very helpful when fixing the bad picture links.

Thanks Mike. :)

yep....what Matt said.  You can see mine because my account was what was considered a "pro" account way back.....but, that goes away when renewal comes up.  I could renew and still have good links until Dec, but why....not worth the money.

I run the "fix" on chrome......I'm pretty sure it works with all PB pics I come across....even on other forums.....but I'm not positive about that.  

The FireFox fix works across the internet so I would assume the Chrome fix does to.