469 replies to this topic

#421 thisismatt

thisismatt

Senior Damon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,954 posts
  • Cars:'71 521, '69 521 donor

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

Mike sounds like he's on a grandfathered plan that still allows 3rd party hosting, but will stop allowing that at the end of 2018. I can see his pictures and I'm not using the "fix" for the same reason - it does little good to be able to see the pictures if so many other people can't.
I'm your huckleberry.

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke

#422 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,300 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

I use the fix, but I cannot see every ones photos all the time, I cannot see Zenndog's signature photo, nor can I see Bob3's photos here on Ratsun in his thread, but if I search for Bob3's MX520 on the internet and click on one of his photos in the images that show on that search that obviously came from Ratsun, then click on "visit that page/source" in the options I can then see that photo on Ratsun and several others also, this is a complicated system that Photolame has set up to keep photos alive in a search and the results, but to have them replaced in the forum itself to forum users/members with that you need to upgrade image.

I believe the fix is only so I can see my own photos, I can see paying members photos because they are paying, I suspect they have been paying all along a lesser amount, if photos you could not see now suddenly appear then that person paid the higher amount otherwise you should have been able to see them all along, and I am sure there are reasons that a few had to pay because of it being a business decision as they sell parts on forums and they need there photos to show to sell parts, but for a member like me it doesn't make sense to pay that kind of money.

Forums all over the internet have only one entity(Photolame) to blame for this this time, but in the future if it happens again the owners of said forums can only blame themselves if they continue to let photos be hosted from outside sources, and it will happen again if Photolame survives this.

#423 mklotz70

mklotz70

Beelzebub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts
  • Cars:'14 Kia Forte EX, '70 521(wife's), '72 521(mine)

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Thanks Mike. :)

yep....what Matt said.  You can see mine because my account was what was considered a "pro" account way back.....but, that goes away when renewal comes up.  I could renew and still have good links until Dec, but why....not worth the money.

I run the "fix" on chrome......I'm pretty sure it works with all PB pics I come across....even on other forums.....but I'm not positive about that.  

Don't have to be too bright to be me!! :D
Sadly, I prove this nearly everyday!!! :(
www.bluehandsinc.com
youtube.com/bluehandsvideo

#424 Charlie69

Charlie69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts
  • Cars:1966 520, 1967 520, 1985 720 ST King Cab, 1986 720 King Cab

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

I use the fix, but I cannot see every ones photos all the time, I cannot see Zenndog's signature photo, nor can I see Bob3's photos here on Ratsun in his thread, but if I search for Bob3's MX520 on the internet and click on one of his photos in the images that show on that search that obviously came from Ratsun, then click on "visit that page/source" in the options I can then see that photo on Ratsun and several others also, this is a complicated system that Photolame has set up to keep photos alive in a search and the results, but to have them replaced in the forum itself to forum users/members with that you need to upgrade image.

I believe the fix is only so I can see my own photos, I can see paying members photos because they are paying, I suspect they have been paying all along a lesser amount, if photos you could not see now suddenly appear then that person paid the higher amount otherwise you should have been able to see them all along, and I am sure there are reasons that a few had to pay because of it being a business decision as they sell parts on forums and they need there photos to show to sell parts, but for a member like me it doesn't make sense to pay that kind of money.

Forums all over the internet have only one entity(Photolame) to blame for this this time, but in the future if it happens again the owners of said forums can only blame themselves if they continue to let photos be hosted from outside sources, and it will happen again if Photolame survives this.

The biggest benefit to the fix in my opinion is that I can see the picture and also when editing to replace the bad Photofuckit picture link with my new PostImage link, by clicking the top left button (BBCode Mode) in the edit window you can see the actual name of the photo instead of the photo.  I find this very helpful when fixing the bad picture links.

Thanks Mike. :)

yep....what Matt said.  You can see mine because my account was what was considered a "pro" account way back.....but, that goes away when renewal comes up.  I could renew and still have good links until Dec, but why....not worth the money.

I run the "fix" on chrome......I'm pretty sure it works with all PB pics I come across....even on other forums.....but I'm not positive about that.  

The FireFox fix works across the internet so I would assume the Chrome fix does to.

#425 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• 13,300 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

I just went thru my spam folder to delete everything and found two messages from Photolame, they offered me 3rd party hosting and up to 300,000 stored photos for $119.99 a year, it's all I can do to restrain myself from replying and telling them what I really think about them.

In my opinion they are trying to save themselves now, and I would suggest letting them go down to send a message to others that back stabbing is frowned upon, all forums should ban or at least discourage the use their hosting services, as when you quit paying guess what, your photos will disappear.

The way I see it, if forums don't host their own photos, they are going to have a lot of broken photos in their future, and what would have been a useful resource in the future will not be a  reliable resource ever again.

I remember when I first joined this forum I could search and find just about anything I needed with photos(photos are worth pages of words), now I find  a lot of "you need to upgrade" photos and there is only one person to thank for this, the CEO of Photolame, there is no one else to blame as when I signed up for a Photolame account it said "FREE", it's not any ones fault except their own that people have not been happy with what they have been offering that last 3/4 years(since the late 2013 change) and in my opinion it is not even worth paying for, so it would seem that lots of folks have went elsewhere and now Photolame might be struggling, I say let them fail, I am not paying nor am I going to pay,  no one can see them photos anyway.

I am curious about one thing, a few here on Ratsun have replaced their photos in their threads, once you did that did you delete/close your Photolame account?

#426 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 18,188 posts
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

I have left my account open, mostly due to the fact that I haven't downloaded all my pictures yet.

But... now it is all but impossible to navigate their site and Norton has notified me that it is a malicious website :lol:

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#427 ol' 320

ol' 320

• PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Cars:67.5 roadster, M3, TR6 w/ 302

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

Wayno: I just received an email offer "good for only seven days" of $99 a year up to 300,000 pics form your favorite site.

Not saying I will do this..... just passing this along.

#428 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• 13,300 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Wayno: I just received an email offer "good for only seven days" of $99 a year up to 300,000 pics form your favorite site.

Not saying I will do this..... just passing this along.

I hope you are doing good Eric. :) 

You and everyone else should do what is in your best interest, there are certain folks on here that really cannot switch and let their account go dormant, they have so much invested into their account/accounts and are stuck, but the ones I am thinking about have been paying all along, they are the ones that will suffer the most for being loyal customers all these years if they fail. :(

The offer in my spam folder from them had a 7 day limit also, I noticed it about a week after the deadline, but I would not have paid anyway, the way they went about it just makes me think I am better off not even dealing with them at all, they seem to surprise everyone every time they make a change, no warning, they just make major changes, the last major change they removed the feedback link so no one could complain anymore, there were hundreds and hundreds of complaints from paying customers.

I have every photo I have ever taken on my computer Redeye, but I have published so many photos that I am not even going to try and fix them.

#429 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 18,188 posts
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

I have all mine too, they are are resized and some renamed by photobucket though, so it was easier to replace the pics with the actual file. 

There is now way I could ever fix every pic I have posted, just too many to deal with. I am just updating my build threads here as I get time.

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#430 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• 13,300 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

I am not going to replace all my photos with photos from a different outside host paid or free, it is a waste of time as in 3/5 years they will just disappear again when I don't pay.

I have all mine too, they are are resized and some renamed by photobucket though, so it was easier to replace the pics with the actual file. 

There is now way I could ever fix every pic I have posted, just too many to deal with. I am just updating my build threads here as I get time.

#431 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,651 posts
  • Cars:Cleopatra does the nasty.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

I started using Chrome and firefox at the same time to fix my build thread.

So i use Chrome ( with app)  to see and be able to download pics into PC then load onto Imgur and post in correct order on Forum .  I then switch tabs to Firefox to see which ones are still grey squares,,, or if it has double posts, and delete those.  That way i can redo each post individually so pictures are easier for me to keep track of , order wise.

It is slow and it sucks but it works, 

I'm guessing that they are not JDM, but rather TDM

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#432 MN280z

MN280z

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cars:76' 280z, 86' BII Bronco, 02' Ranger Prerunner

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

not sure if this was posted or not yet. but this fix has worked for me so far in chrome. https://forums.redfl...nk-fix-2126190/

this whole thing has just destroyed forums

#433 mklotz70

mklotz70

Beelzebub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts
  • Cars:'14 Kia Forte EX, '70 521(wife's), '72 521(mine)

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

That seems to work nicely in chrome.  I've been using the other fix that was provided by a member here, but every time chrome opened, I had to click cancel in a box that popped up about the extension.  This appears to work without any extra interaction.  Thanks!!

Don't have to be too bright to be me!! :D
Sadly, I prove this nearly everyday!!! :(
www.bluehandsinc.com
youtube.com/bluehandsvideo

#434 MN280z

MN280z

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cars:76' 280z, 86' BII Bronco, 02' Ranger Prerunner

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

no problem!

yeah it's at least brought back all the old pics for me in super useful how-to's etc. I'm trying to get all my pics converted over to imgur but for now this seems to work great for me.

#435 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• 13,300 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

I found out today that the Google Chrome Embed Fix needed to be updated in mid 2017, this fix allows me to see every ones photos, not just my own photos, I can even see the MX520 photos now which I could not see before.

I removed the old PB fix from my extensions and then went to the Google Chrome store and added the present free Embed Fix and all is good, I can see all the photos now, not just my own photos.

UPDATE YOUR EXTENSION!!! :)

#436 difrangia

difrangia

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Cars:78 620 Longbed, '63/64 NL320, '64 Beetle Type 117 Ragtop, 61 FIAT 500D, 3 Vespa Scooters

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:44 AM

Has PostImage gone the way of PhotoBucket ??

Better to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy !!

#437 Crashtd420

Crashtd420

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Cars:1972 Datsun 521

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:21 AM

Has PostImage gone the way of PhotoBucket ??

Something happened but postimage is still there.... but it has a new web address...

Screenshot_20180412-122753.png

#438 Charlie69

Charlie69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts
  • Cars:1966 520, 1967 520, 1985 720 ST King Cab, 1986 720 King Cab

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:19 AM

You need to edit your pictures from postimg.org to postimg.cc and they will work again.

From ""[url=https://postimages.org/]https://s6.postimg.org/pfaunjcb5/DSC02144.jpgurl]""

To ""[url=https://postimages.org/]https://s6.postimg.cc/pfaunjcb5/DSC02144.jpgurl]""

As soon as I can get back to work after my shoulder surgery I will set up my own website and host my own pictures and not have to mesh with third party hosting sites any more.

#439 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 72,568 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

I keep getting e mail 'feelers' from PB. I used to copy my first reply and send it again and again telling them to fuck off. I now send unopened to the spam. I guess the Outlook/Hotmail can't learn to send them there directly.

Posted Image

#440 Bleach

Bleach

French Administrator

• User Administrator
  • 6,793 posts
  • Cars:280Z and 280ZX turbo

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

Great, another change. The images I had posted through POSTIMAGE.IO no longer displayed although my account was fine and all my photos were on their 'new' website.

I couldn't just edit the domain name of each photo either. I had to go back in and copy the entire new string to get them to display.

My video on how to post images on Ratsun is no longer accurate... 

Thank you Ted!
sig.jpg
BleachGarage.com - - Bleach Garage on YOUTUBE >>> Canby 2018 Video!
Completely stock 280Z