DON'T Use Photobucket on Ratsun

There is a "fix" for blurry PB pics on Chrome .   i don't know what it is but got it off Pirate4x4 site awhile ago 

if you need to steal for your own use,,  you have to click and open in another tab and save that pic or it just downloads as fuzzy water marked as before.  Even if it is clear to your computer type unit ,, at the moment

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, Photobucket sucks balls, kidnapping pics and then extortion.

I believe it was Mike that suggest imgur.com some years ago, it seems to be OK so far, is that a popular free hosting service or is there something better out there nowadays?  (any reason to quit using imgur?)

19 minutes ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

Yeah, Photobucket sucks balls, kidnapping pics and then extortion.

I believe it was Mike that suggest imgur.com some years ago, it seems to be OK so far, is that a popular free hosting service or is there something better out there nowadays?  (any reason to quit using imgur?)

That "Mike" would have been DatzenMike.

If you're just starting, use anything but PB.  I'm at their mercy since I have over 9000 pics/vids in my account. It would be nearly impossible to transfer them all or relink them.  If I shut them off, there would be a huge number of threads affected by it.......many of them are ones I refer back to so I can remember what I did. lol

I have been using Imgur since the PB fuster cluck. Works out for me...download your pics to their site (remember to resize for message boards prior to downloading) and them copy and paste the BBC code link into the thread.

I feel for you, I have 100's of 620 project pics there.  Relinking them would be impossible and so PB went with extortion.  Last I checked (when they first wanted payment) it was $399 per year for hosting (!)    

I just checked and they've backed way off wanting only a few bucks a month.

BUT if you have more than the FREE 250 pics limit, YOU CANNOT HAVE ACCESS TO DELETE PICS - you get a RED SCREEN and either have to CLOSE your account or BUY a month's fee.

The "altruism" they claim is again bogus and still extorting people now for only a couple dollars.

I was invested, though not as heavily as Mike Klotz. PB is so fuckingaggrivating I switched to imgur. Started getting e-mails to 'come back' 'we're sorry' told them why and to fuck off and don't send any more. I run PB down at EVERY opportunity I can. Total douchebags.

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...

Just today I got another notification that my Photobucket account was going to be deleted. I think I've been getting those emails for five or six years. So far, not deleted. I replied with "Fuck off and delete it already." We'll see what happens I suppose. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I had all my build pics (100's) on PB and then they held it hostage - couldn't even delete pics if over limit.

So I paid something like $5 the cheapo, DL'd my pics (was actually good since lost HDD and all my pics), and then cancelled acct.

Mike recommended IMGur which I've used since if I have to,

HOWEVER, there was a cute IMGur video of a red squirrel https://imgur.com/gallery/2exvASy?fbclid=IwAR1Q7fzIL0s4jFzLlVWzE-EcJnmkOkSDUG3Z4FsIIlbdwGsQ3yy75NNtz3g which looked like an AI creation that I posted on my FB, and it takes FOREVER for that video to load and stream.  It almost doesn't even work on cell phones but if you have fast internet on PC, it works but still takes forever to load.

Hopefully they were having issues with their servers.

But since I've brought up CUTE LITTLE RED SQUIRREL, I better enlighten everyone about how squirrels are sick fucks:

I thought squirrels were loveable cute little critters. Then I found out they are nasty little shites: (and boy am I glad I'm not a squirrel)

"Red squirrels bite the testes off grey squirrels out of territorial aggression. Similar claims say males of the same species bite the nuts off each other to win breeding rights, or that females bite the nuts off males as a way to lower the population when resources are limited."

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Chuck Most said:

Just today I got another notification that my Photobucket account was going to be deleted. I think I've been getting those emails for five or six years. So far, not deleted. I replied with "Fuck off and delete it already." We'll see what happens I suppose. 

Right on!

I got a few e mails asking me to come back and that was it... I unloaded on them how I felt about them trying to hold all my pictures hostage. I also finished with fuck off and don't reply. They never did. When ever this subject comes up I almost never fail to shit on photobucket for their bullshit.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Right on!

I got a few e mails asking me to come back and that was it... I unloaded on them how I felt about them trying to hold all my pictures hostage. I also finished with fuck off and don't reply. They never did. When ever this subject comes up I almost never fail to shit on photobucket for their bullshit.

NO!  If you have pics, just sign up for cheap, download, then cancel membership.  You can enjoy the fact that they do not like that!

• Like 1