520 PARTS THREAD

highdesertdatsun

I think we need to start a 520 parts thread. I searched and could not find one.

so i will post the part numbers ive been using.

1. brake drum part # brake best 9110dgs from Oreillys// is threaded like a toyota drum to pull

2. front brake hardware kit 1 needed for vech part # brake best 17200

3. front brake shoes part # brake best 405

4. upper out control arm bush 1 box per side 2 bush in box moog # 9207

I need a part # for front 520 wheel studs ? I cant find jack

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

complete gasket set on ebay from us. 55.0 or somting
but make sure its not the j1500-j1800 set.
im gonna buy one soon just spent all my cabage.

i hope they have more. or grey silicone worksgreat too! if you get it real clean

How about an oil pan gasket for the J1300?  Any suggestions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370797915722?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1164wt_679

• Like 1

napa part # for a japan made by tama  t-stat# 154-0701 they catalog it on napa pro link

napa light bulb socket for cluster # 78714 i think it will work for all places but two on cluster are offset.

nippon ultra8 light blue oil filter "small" nippon # 361 0702 napa#atm3610702

throw out bearing napa #brg n1722

oe stye dist cap with all wires out ot top napa #ech-ep304

inner wheel brg napa #br30206

out wheel brg napa #br302044

wheel seal napa # nos550225

timming chain kit napa # ntp 940525

brake master napa # nmc p97032

complete rt tie rod asm napa# ncp 2695046

lft side # ncp 2695045

w/pump new napa # 42324

r diff carrier gasket napa # fpg rds55330

if i listed the part they showed to have to on locator somewhere!!

even the unubtainium bearings

all of above parts catalog for a 66 520

Thermostat-- Beck-Arnley #143-0685 (OEM 180°)

Gasket-- Beck-Arnley #039-0036

41ZYR9XCAFL._SX342_.jpg 41R2NR2MM9L._SX342_.jpg

complete gasket set on ebay from us. 55.0 or somting

but make sure its not the j1500-j1800 set.

im gonna buy one soon just spent all my cabage.

i hope they have more. or grey silicone worksgreat too! if you get it real clean

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370797915722?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1164wt_679

Gasket set arrived today.

Payen #FJ061  

Fitment says it's for "Bluebird 411, P411, VP411, PL411, WPL411 1965-1967, A321, U520, 521, L520, L521, U620, L620 1965-Sept. 1979 Datsun J & J13 Engine 4 Cylinder OHV 1299cc"

It's brand new, factory sealed, and looks like it was made about the same time as my truck!  Vintage.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone do the door seals on a 520 ,if so can you post info

po had included one with purchase. It appeared cheap, when installed was way to thick..

I'm also unclear on the welt strip ? I think it should go on pinch weld? Around the door

Opening ? But then where dose the seal mount. Thanks Sean

Wow fast. What welt seal is that not used on 520 . I've seen info on the fuzzy and Chanel

felt for doors but are the vent window seals made of unobtainium? Thanks Wayno

Funny.  My wife asked me the other day if I ever opened my vent windows.  I told her, "absolutely not! ... I can't afford to damage the seal because replacements are made of unobtanium" ;)

The 520/521 wingwindow gaskets/seals show up every once in a while, but they are expensive, last set on ebay had a "buy it now" for something like $700.00 or $800.00, I don't recall the exact amount right now, but it was a stupid amount to ask, and I doubt they ever sold for that price.

620green also found quite a few sets, but he wanted $400.00 a set as I recall, but he was run off of here, so that bridge has been burnt.

Everytime you go to a wrecking yard with a 520/521, you need to check the wingwindow gasket, if it is in good shape, grab it, it will be cheap considering what a new one will set you back.

• Like 1

if it is in good shape, grab it, it will be cheap considering what a new one will set you back.

Luckily, mine are in superb shape... so I've decided never to open them, talk to them lovingly, and massage them with Gummi Pflege every once in a while... 'cuz if I have to pay $800 for replacements, I'll be using a tube of silicone caulk and duct tape.

I truely believe that we can delete the wingwindows in our 521 doors, but it will not work with a window crank, it will only work with an electric window conversion, as the window is out of balance when using the crank.

I did a little mini write up on what I did, but cannot find it now.

As you can see, I tried to fab up something, but it was just out of balance using the crank.

DSCN1684.jpg

DSCN1683.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

This is what it looks like stock, both sides have a significant area of side, when it is one piece the front has very little side, and therefore binds because of the balance issue, if made electric, it can be balanced when installed.

DSCN1672.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

• Like 1

As you can see, I tried to fab up something, but it was just out of balance using the crank.

Good work on trying to engineer a mod.  I have a '69 C10 with a chopped and raked top that I did one-piece glass on.  I had a similar problem with the glass wanting to tip forward, but solved it by making a small triangle in the front corner of the door (I welded it in and blended it in like it belongs there).  It's only about 3" tall, but allowed me to shave off just enough glass that it no longer tries to tip forward.

How could you get glass though?

Since it's flat, just use laminated glass, which can be cut and ground quite easily, and still meets safety requirements.

Good work on trying to engineer a mod.  I have a '69 C10 with a chopped and raked top that I did one-piece glass on.  I had a similar problem with the glass wanting to tip forward, but solved it by making a small triangle in the front corner of the door (I welded it in and blended it in like it belongs there).  It's only about 3" tall, but allowed me to shave off just enough glass that it no longer tries to tip forward.

Do you have a photo of the mod that fixed the glass tipping issue?