4x4 flares on my 2wd

DREWSDIME

thanks Tristin its pretty clean but definately looks better from 20 ft away lol and I need some lower profile tires for my 15x8s but I'm kinda broke after moving into new place . Hopefully I can find some used 15's from my buddy I really don't want to go back to 14x7's now

Well I know a way you can make a quick buck to help with tires ;)

Yeah Im not a big 720 fan, but every once in awhile a nice one comes along thats pretty cool. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fat510 unfortunately there is not many 720 after market front spoilers around still, nobody makes them anymore. But I do happen to have 2 that I have collected over the years , I don't know if I will be able to get in my driveway with a front lip :crying:

I was just wondering what flares would look like today! I think it looks awesome and if I find some I'll join the club man. I personally don't think it would need to be lower even on 15's- but then again I'm not aiming to scrape frame on my DD. :P 

Truck looks great- I like the personality it has. Sometimes you see a car or truck and go "oh yeah another one of those" and then sometimes you see some and go "hello, nice to meet you." -That's yours.  B)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to know exactly what that looks like as I was aiming for a 3" drop too. I only made the comment about scraping due to you saying you may go lower (which in turn sounds like it would scrape a good bit).

I'm planning on going with belltech front drop spindles and their lowering leaf springs. What combo did you end up using?

Huge difference by changing them to body color... I wasn't liking the look before, but that's only my opinion, maybe because in black, they give it that "base model" look, and in black they are also hidden by the wheel opening and the tire . With the flares body color tho, they really compliment the truck's low stance and look great, more like a high end factory option. this does completely change the way the whole truck looks just by making them body color.

Definitely a +1 on the photoshopping, but I'll also give a +1 for doing what YOU want with your truck as well as a +1 for doing an excellent job... Now if you could get a color match and some flex agent for the paint...

• Like 1

i have to agrree , the black looked more legit, but hay if it was my truck i would have done carbon fiber........but hay its is your truck and it does look good ether way....i am diggin the roof rack, would mind me cloning the look for my standard cab with custom camper?

I think it's cool either way to see something different but also like it belongs there. datzenmike mentioned due to being a stock option on 4x4 and not some bolt on style made to fit like from a 280zg is what makes it pull off the look and I have to agree.

I used to do some booth paint work for a couple years when the painter was out sick- from my experience it would be pretty tough to get a paint that would hold up well for a long time and match a color well over plastic vs. metal on a fender like this but I could be wrong. My thoughts are by having to use different base primers the final color would be slightly off. So you may have to account for this in the color match.

There are plenty of plastic paints out there that help with adhesion and flex but again finding the colors you need would be tough. I've heard mixed reviews on a lot of them- everything from crumbling over time (as it hardens more from sun damage etc) to high texture look from the thickness of it. It's been a long time since I looked into this so there could be a newer better product out that would do the job well. I did this stuff about 9 years ago haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...