New To the 720 crowd..

nismo24096

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omelet that is a image I pulled of the web. 

I actually do not have any pictures of my 86 King Cab.  It was far to ugly for pictures!  However I am slowly beating it into shape!!!  It was a Salt Lake City truck that I thought had bad rust issues.  I have found out that the cab is solid the left front fender was an aftermarket that was have eaten away.

Most of my money is going towards my 66 520.

Hey everyone figured I would update you all on my slow progress. heres what I have done to the truck thus far..

CAM00020_zpse4509e1f.jpg

Did the rodeo seat swap, yes they bolt right in and yes they do sit a little higher and forward...but once I clean them up and stain them black they should work just fine..

CAM00018_zps98a3678e.jpg

Test fitting the titan 5 spokes, I hate the sunken in look to I had to figure out how much to space them out to get the look I was after.

CAM00019_zps9f5a47e7.jpg

more test fitting

CAM00026_zps4d2e0106.jpg

mounted some 225/40/18 to the rims. just some used tires but they are bridgestone potenza runflats...

CAM00027_zpse73de755.jpg

adjusted the torson bars up front and installed the 3inch blocks on the rears..

CAM00031_zps39e84f8b.jpg

new stance...still need to get 2inch drop spindles and remove the third leaf to go lower...but I need to pull and roll the fenders first..

CAM00032_zps6c16ead0.jpg

another angle

CAM00029_zps98be2090.jpg

front wheel poke...a little roll and pull will make this look great...

CAM00030_zpsc57d7841.jpg

and the rear poke...same as front...

CAM00036_zpsde12840a.jpg

My Daughter approves of the changes....

These might look good with your Titans.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251531520936?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm very interested to see how you fill those valance holes. I've seen some do it, and I've never really liked it, but I have a feeling, you'll pull it off.

I have thought about doing a split bumper too. Might be fun.

Thanks man, its all really gonna depend on my bumper placement, and if I want to break out the fiberglass to build the holders... We shall see..

I'm very interested to see how you fill those valance holes. I've seen some do it, and I've never really liked it, but I have a feeling, you'll pull it off.

Ok here is what I envision for the front end with split bumpers and a mesh grill that will follow the angled curve that sticks out on the ends of the openings...also the driving light inserts.

front-idea_zps86751106.jpg

Ok here is what I envision for the front end with split bumpers and a mesh grill that will follow the angled curve that sticks out on the ends of the openings...also the driving light inserts.

front-idea_zps86751106.jpg

I just have to say...... WOW.

I really like how that looks.

So, if it were me doing that, and I might, because damn that looks great, I would try to use LED off-road lights in those pods to really light up the road.

And I know, they're "offroad" lights, but they are street legal.

Then when people flash their brights at you, you can be like, these aren't my brights.... THSEEESE are my brights.

Let us keep in mind here that people need to be able to see, I mean that you can be driving down a side street coming up to a car that has what would seem like his brights on and he seems to be stopped for some reason, and you are wondering why he is stopped, that is until you run over some kid/person in the street that you could not see because of being blinded by that said vehicle with what would seem to be their brights on.

There are laws out there to stop just this scenario, and I will abide by these particular laws because if my lights blinded someone and it caused an accident and/or a death, I would not sleep well at night even if I was not held accountable.

But I'm curious Wayno, you're not going to comment on his ohotoshop job?

I would be curious to see it in real life, it looks photo shopped to me, it doesn't look real.

When I changed over to round headlights on my 720, at first I did not  like it, so I just left it and looked at it over a period of time, I have gotten used to it now.

Same with the photo shopped photo, I have looked at it several times, I was going to let it age so to speak.

I am very happy with my front bumper on my 720, it is an early thin type, or an economy type unlike the normal early 720 bumper that sticks out 4 inches, it only sticks out just over 2 inches.

DSCN0811.JPG

Thanks omelet for your comments....and wayno I too hsve to ser something over a period of time before i can make a decison in if i like it or not..if you look back over my build you can see i change mu mind often..this is a living creature im building and she is constantly evolving..which ks why i love her so much there are no right or wrongs with it..its all me and limited only by my creativity...which i have LOTS...LOL

Thanks omelet for your comments....and wayno I too hsve to ser something over a period of time before i can make a decison in if i like it or not..if you look back over my build you can see i change mu mind often..this is a living creature im building and she is constantly evolving..which ks why i love her so much there are no right or wrongs with it..its all me and limited only by my creativity...which i have LOTS...LOL

Haha, that's how I fell in love with my truck. I kind of hated it when I first bought it, but I realized how great it really is.

kicking around some paint ideas. the paint will all be satin and  the stripes on the side are going to be done in clear coat. so give me some feedback. if I put the mesh wheels on there they will likely get bronze coloring on the inside and leave the lips polished.

black-top_zps6a3e34ea.jpg

white-top_zps5a4574a3.jpg