New To the 720 crowd..

nismo24096

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to you wayno or charlie, but if you actually read what me and omelet were talking about or follow the link you would see that we are discussing SWAY BARS...not drop spindles, now granted that all anyone thinks about when they see BellTech is the drop spindles, but that was not the question asked. but again thanks for the input..i surely know all about drop spindles now...lol

WELL derp. It says 83 and up, but I don't see why it wouldn't. The frames are the same width and the LCA's should be the same.

If anything you could modify it to work.

As for the rear, you're going to have to do some fabbing, because we don't have anywhere to mount one stock.

ok make a little progress today before the heavy rains started.. the 4x4 leafs dropped the truck 2inches with the bed off. but because its stiffer with the bed on its more like the 1.5 inches everyone talks about.

ordered me some air shocks to install so i can air it up when i want to carry something and not worry about bottoming out.  also i finally came across some new replacement tail light buckets on ebay.. been looking for some forever but normally only find the 620 ones...well two days ago they where on there...so I should have them tomorrow. no more rusted out buckets...also when I replaced the leafs, the offset wheel issue when away. now its the same side to side. so it seems the leaf packs were the issue.again..this all makes me happy as hell. now to continue with the body work to get it a little straighter then on to a final primer job and later paint.. now i need to lower and camber the frontend some...waiting on my poly bushings to get here, I put the backs in today and they were super easy.did black so they don't stand out.

CAM00610_zps983611a0.jpg

CAM00611_zpsf66390bb.jpg

CAM00612_zpsd6c374f6.jpg

CAM00613_zpse53ee26c.jpg

CAM00614_zpsfceeb8a2.jpg

Very nice. I noticed a huge improvement with my poly leaf bushings. WAY less side to side play. And a much better ride with 4x4 springs. Gives it a nice rake too.

I like your airshocks. I thought about getting a set for the rear of my truck, but I decided to use qa1 coilovers with load control bags for when I'm haulin' or towing.

Can't wait to see your final paint job man.

OK so here is my take on some repo rear light buckets that I got off ebay this past week, first off they are cheap repos and with that the metal is a little thinner than factory and the forming around the edges of curves is more of a crinkle  than a straight line, now granted most of this you can not see as its where the metal falls outside of the press mold,  they were shipped in a unpadded box and were a little tweaked from our great ups shipping service. but with some hammer and dolly work and some pliers I was able to get them to fit fairly well.  below are the after pics sorry i didnt take any of them right out of the box.  which they come bare metal..no coating at all primer or otherwise.

CAM00620_zpsffbb9e12.jpg

CAM00624_zpsb34cf749.jpg

CAM00623_zps1fe07dd9.jpg

CAM00622_zpse42ae944.jpg

and I picked up my new mufflers that I plan to use....

00x0x_bXimxHDKjgn_600x450_zps42169ae4.jp

These bad boys retail for around 600 bucks new....these have like a months use on them....they are for a hayabusa but I plan on mounting them on both sides of the tag in between the tail lights, they should be pretty cool looking and I hope sound kinda cool.. we shall see.. but for the price I got them for I could not pass on them. worst case is I resell them for a profit....but I think I will keep them.

quick question for everyone..did the 2 wheel drive model come with a front sway bar? and is it something that can be easily added to my 82 model.

Thanks 

The 720s all had a front sway bar. 

OR, you could order an aftermarket front/rear kit. Bigger 1" front and adds a rear. Then again, that kit is like 400+, and neither of us is MrBigtanker, lol.

On a properly 'sorted' vehicle the handling should be more or less neutral. On a hard enough corner the front and rear tires should loose traction at the same time and begin sliding out. In NASCAR terms neither 'loose' nor 'tight'.  All vehicles are designed with a slight understeer ('loose') built in. This is considered the easiest to recover from by just letting off the gas and hitting the brakes. Adding a thicker front sway bar without considering the implications of doing so will upset and surprise you one day in rain, snow or any change from normal traction you are not ready for.. 

A thicker stiffer sway bar will definitely do more than limit 'sway' or tipping to the outside on turns.  A stiffer bar on the front will increase the truck's understeer making it harder to recover from it. If adding more front stiffness it should be balanced by increasing or adding a rear sway bar. There are other things you can do to add balance between loose and tight, a rear bar is only one.

Ok after trying a few different options for a front air dam, I think I like this one, I still plan to make my own out of fiberglass in the future or metal, but for now I think I like this look. dont mind the tape I need to get the brackets to mount everything up.. enjoy.....

CAM00628_zps8af4b34f.jpg

CAM00625_zps8e3acfe4.jpg

CAM00627_zpsde2e43bc.jpg

CAM00626_zps42536c15.jpg

I only plan to go maybe an inch lower in the front if that. and its no where as low as my old 240 was. so it will be fine, and fyi the 80-82 have a metal one much the same shape as yours it just does not protrude quite as much. Im also planning a different style bumper that stock on mine, once I source the materials and get it all cut and installed I will surely post the pics up. 

Okay, I had to lol. That's DREWSDIME's dime.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55951-720-daily-driver/?fromsearch=1

It's funny because his truck has been featured on Japanese Nostalgia car. Kind of in love with his rTuck.

My 84 has the same lip, and honestly, I kind of wish I had the same valence as you. (I know I COULD put in the early valence). The earlier one would make it a lot easier to make a horizontal lip.

That being said, I like that lip you've got there! I think if you keep it black or body color, and fill that one hole of to the side with a fog lamp, it would look really awesome!

Yeah the extra opening on the drivers side, not sure if Im gonna just cover it with a front licence plate bracket to put my tag... or put the tag on the other side to balance it out.. not decided at this point. and as for the big openings in the bumper Im thinking of making some cool fog light or driving light pods to go in there.  and as for the front bumper. im still planning on going with a split bumper design like the old school camaro  has.