New To the 720 crowd..

nismo24096

Well. looks like Im gonna change the end look of this project somewhat..I ended up getting a set of titan fat five spokes...for a couple of reasons...one..they look sweet on the 720 I could have gotten the newer 6 spoke one but I felt that they are too rounded for the square look of the 720.... and two... the cost of 15 low profile tires is retarded....18s are cheaper to buy and have more options..I think there are only a couple vendors that even offer 15s anymore...

Now I have to tackle the carb issues and the body work.. I plan to keep alot of my original plans in place with the spoiler up front and bed cover..but I think im going to do some kind of fiberglass split looking front bumper that flows into the spoiler... I will try and post a pic of my plans as I finalize it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone figured I would update you all on my slow progress. heres what I have done to the truck thus far..

CAM00020_zpse4509e1f.jpg

Did the rodeo seat swap, yes they bolt right in and yes they do sit a little higher and forward...but once I clean them up and stain them black they should work just fine..

CAM00018_zps98a3678e.jpg

Test fitting the titan 5 spokes, I hate the sunken in look to I had to figure out how much to space them out to get the look I was after.

CAM00019_zps9f5a47e7.jpg

more test fitting

CAM00026_zps4d2e0106.jpg

mounted some 225/40/18 to the rims. just some used tires but they are bridgestone potenza runflats...

CAM00027_zpse73de755.jpg

adjusted the torson bars up front and installed the 3inch blocks on the rears..

CAM00031_zps39e84f8b.jpg

new stance...still need to get 2inch drop spindles and remove the third leaf to go lower...but I need to pull and roll the fenders first..

CAM00032_zps6c16ead0.jpg

another angle

CAM00029_zps98be2090.jpg

front wheel poke...a little roll and pull will make this look great...

CAM00030_zpsc57d7841.jpg

and the rear poke...same as front...

CAM00036_zpsde12840a.jpg

My Daughter approves of the changes....

Yeah I looked at getting some of those..but thought the more squared off style ones went with the trucks overall style..

And thanks on the comments...Im enjoying my little beater truck...even though its not titled to drive on the street yet..and needs a new carb still..its fun to just tinker with it when I have time..

Fella,  Truck looks pretty darn good. 

that's about how low im thinking of going with mine. 3in blocks in the rear and torsion bar low in the front to match. 

I really like that BRE style front spoiler you shopped on, Ive been dreaming of a Hakosuka style one too, havent found one for a 720, i think it would need to be custom, as the 720 is wider than most cars that had spoilers like them... 

Or modified Mk1 GTI Golf lip?

I actually had to use the ol beater for work today...and got to see the stance I wanted in the rear...to get there Im gonna need to do a baby C-notch..but that will happen when the time comes..this was loaded down with mulch and was putting the axle about 1/2 inch off the frame... but good news is the tires tucked nicely and had about a credit cards width between the wheels and fenders... no rubbing at all...

CAM00058_zps35870287.jpg

the money shot..lol

CAM00056_zps555a7301.jpg

I used my sons TEE BALL bat...backs were easy to do. the fronts while they were easy also, become a little fragile since the metal is so thin to start with and once you roll the fender flat you lose some support.  first I jacked the truck up to give myself about a 2.5 finger gap in which to put the bat in...then just roll it at an angle to get the lip flat. then proceed to pull up on the bat to about a 45 degree angle to increase the pull...

I accidentally leaned on ithe front and creased it..it came out but something to be aware of. also depending on how aggressive your  pull is you will have alittle more of a gap where the front fender meets the door at the bottom. just push it back into place after your done and its not too bad..as for the back I could have pulled it more but it was not needed. 

I would have used a fender roller like I did for my 240sx but its hard to find one for a 6 lug application..that and this is my beater/project truck so I was like what the hell...and just went for it..Im very happy with the end results and once I do the body work it will look mint...

yeah, you can expect it to chip the paint some. if you use a heat gun it lessens this effect. but if your like me and you have old paint that needs to be redone it was not a  real deal breaker.. and it really didnt rub at the height that I had it at but I plan on going lower...to something like the last pic I posted with it loaded down.. and thanks I think its got a bright future ahead of it...lol

Ok so I have  gotten a really nasty miss in the truck now...granted it has never really run correctly since I still need to replace the crap hitachi carb thats on it.. but now the idle has a strong miss and dies.. any ideas to where I should look first.. Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Ok time to update my thread some... So today I bought these.... They were made in 1990 all still in the box. only one has ever had a tire mounted on it.

00101_6iy2yEmSMVL_600x450_zps574733b9.jp

They fit perfect up front...the back im gonna use a spacer since I already pulled and rolled my fenders...

IMG_20131005_181459_zps599302d6.jpg

and they have a nice machined lip on them...and they are 17x8 with a +10 offset...

IMG_20131005_181405_zpsd6ea4717.jpg

• Like 1