New To the 720 crowd..

nismo24096

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get that black piece below the valance? I like the look of that from the front. Great job on the truck so far, I really like the entire front end you're doing. I wish I had the tools and space you do!

• Like 1

Ok no real update today but I did play with the horn button some more.. here are some pics. if you look at the homer button you can see the nasty scratches that were in the horn. that I buffed out. my daughter says to run the swiss army one since its black and matches the wheel...lol so im gonna run that til I make me a custom datsun or ratsun one.

FB_IMG_1426427009017_zpsraqi7f4p.jpg

IMG_20150315_095544_zpspxva1cck.jpg

IMG_20150315_101515_zpswjuiobew_edit_142

cant really see the scratches anymore...

what did you use to buff it out? Just a wheel?

• Like 1

Wash cloth from my bathroom and 3m compound. just rub it really hard and fast til you think your gonna get a blister on your finger it will get really hot....it should be making  a squeaking sound...as the compound drys out....lol  then add a little more compound and repeat... DON'T use a dremel as it tends to get the plastic too hot to the point it will turn white....do it by hand.  

• Like 1

Where did you get that black piece below the valance? I like the look of that from the front. Great job on the truck so far, I really like the entire front end you're doing. I wish I had the tools and space you do!

its off a 80-90? volvo station wagon. I flipped it over and trimmed it to fit.   and as far as tools with the exception to the welder...all my fab work was done with a angle grinder. using different wheels. best tool I own by far...lol

• Like 2

ok off topic, but I am in the process of securing another vendor for my company to use. and they offer custom phone cases.  these are full dye sublimation cases so the artwork will cover all seen parts of the case when the phone is in it.  Im waiting on my test design to come in to judge the quality and fit.  this is an example of the samsung s4 case with a ratsun theme..

ratsun-s4-phone-case_zpstofthtb5.jpg

these would be 25.00 shipped to your door. and there are no min qualities. so I could do each one custom with your name, your truck..hell anything really.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

ok two things today,  One im seriously considering doing the sliding rag top on the truck.

10314766_617586748332155_710142574163106

and secondly, I got my mugs and galaxy s4 phone case in... they came out great..phone cover fitment is very good and printing was clean and sharp.

20150417_154017_zpscole4qsy.jpg

That is all I got...carry on...

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

ok two things today, One im seriously considering doing the sliding rag top on the truck.

10314766_617586748332155_710142574163106

and secondly, I got my mugs and galaxy s4 phone case in... they came out great..phone cover fitment is very good and printing was clean and sharp.

20150417_154017_zpscole4qsy.jpg

That is all I got...carry on...

Sick merch. And you definitely should do the rag top!! I was considering it for my truck, but I'm not sure how they hold up at +120mph...
  • 2 months later...

Just an fyi, I'm still alive....and no progress on the truck lately. a lot of other stuff has been happening... daily blew up.... rode motorcycle for a bit...bought a new daily. a 2000 Subaru Outback sport (wagon), and then bought a little aluminum12 foot V hull  ...so in the process of putting a deck on it and making it a little bass boat...lol

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Long time no post, just wanted to let everyone know whats going on with my truck...in short...NOTHING...LOL  I have kinda let it hit the back burner for a while now, due to alot of things one being regardless if its getting worked on or not at the current shop its at..its free storage for me out of the weather..which is  a good thing.  The shop owner was cutting me a price break for being able to take his sweet time and do it when there was nothing going on at the shop which I was fine with..but I have really been wanting to get it done so I planned on going to the shop and just putting the whole thing back together and have it finished elsewhere by one of the former workers that is no longer there, that and the shop has been busy lately and hes low on help...so no time to work on mine...all good im not mad at him or anything, I knew this could happen and was ok with it...but heres the kicker...went to his shop a few days ago and hes not there..went back a few days later and hes not there..finally see a facebook posting by his shop that says hes in the hospital, with heart failure...OH Shit....hes always had issues but it seems it just got bad...yesterday he had a pace maker and defibrillator put in...WOW suxs for him, I wish him a speedy recovery, but until then, I have zero access to the truck...so thats where we are as of today...just wanted to share.. 

• Like 1

Well, we worst has happened, My body shop guy/friend has died, he made it out of surgery and all that but didn't make it through the next nite. Now for the fun part of getting my truck back together and out of the shop. the landlady's first words to me were, I hope you have proof that this truck is yours...Not real sure how long its gonna take to get this mess straightened out but I will keep everyone posted.. Looks like I might be painting this thing myself after all..

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok truck will be home Saturday....then I will find someone to help finish it...one of the guys that came by the shop to help the former owners mom get things sorted out tried to buy it from me also...kinda cool he's a fan and also offered to help me finish it if needed at a fair price..more to come soon.

• 5 months later...

Well it is with a good deal of sorry that I must announce to everyone that after tonite I will no longer be the owner of my beloved Datsun. As much as I wanted to see this project all the way to the end. I have accepted an offer for her and fully expect to close the deal tonite. If this falls through I will let everyone know.  I will have a few items for sell  that I acquired over the years. I will post them up in the classifieds later. things like a Black ST steering wheel, which as many of you know from my thread has been gone through . and I have my 17x8  10 offset rims also mentioned in the tread that are not going with the truck so they will be up for grabs.

Take care guys, I will still be on here following my favorite builds.

Lee 

• Like 1

Just read this whole thread. . . got to the end and. . . :confused:

I was really hoping to see that thing buzz down the road in full glory. The work was amazing! I wish I had a tenth of the shop skill and talent you do. Bummer you are selling it but toys are toys I guess. As a small request in the future. . .  not all of us are shop geniuses so "how-to" guides on any of these mods would be much appreciated for the rest of us mere mortals. I'd especially love more detail on deleting the emissions stuff, and cleaning up the engine bay like you did. I loved that.

Thanks for the thread and journey though. That is one sweet truck.

Ok time to update my thread some... So today I bought these.... They were made in 1990 all still in the box. only one has ever had a tire mounted on it.

00101_6iy2yEmSMVL_600x450_zps574733b9.jp

They fit perfect up front...the back im gonna use a spacer since I already pulled and rolled my fenders...

IMG_20131005_181459_zps599302d6.jpg

and they have a nice machined lip on them...and they are 17x8 with a +10 offset...

IMG_20131005_181405_zpsd6ea4717.jpg

Ok these are all I have left of the truck to sell off...anyone interested. Message me before they hit eBay...

Just read this whole thread. . . got to the end and. . . :confused:

I was really hoping to see that thing buzz down the road in full glory. The work was amazing! I wish I had a tenth of the shop skill and talent you do. Bummer you are selling it but toys are toys I guess. As a small request in the future. . .  not all of us are shop geniuses so "how-to" guides on any of these mods would be much appreciated for the rest of us mere mortals. I'd especially love more detail on deleting the emissions stuff, and cleaning up the engine bay like you did. I loved that.

Thanks for the thread and journey though. That is one sweet truck.

Thanks man..it was a fun project and I was torn on getting rid of her..but it is what it is.. Message me with any questions you have if I can help you I will man...that was half the fun of this build...being creative with it...I too hope to see her done soon the guy who got her seemed pumped about finishing it..