wagon axle off-center?

TENDRIL

pretty sure my axle is not right, if anybody has some comparison  photos of certain measurements  to confirm this, it would be helpful.

here is mine   

DSC_1059.jpgdriver side

DSC_1062.jpgpass. sid

im pretty sure its these mounts that are welded to the axle 

DSC_1066.jpg

DSC_1071.jpgdriver side tire to leaf

DSC_1072.jpgpass side tire to leaf

DSC_1067.jpguneven marks on diff bumper

its towards the driver side about almost an in. tires are all the same off-set  and it looks really weird with the wheels in the well like evrything is to the left....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still away till tomorrow (your Monday, our Tuesday).

Remind me if I forget to getback to you as I have a funny feeling my diff may also be off centre!

There's a bucketload of stuff on the Internet about thrust alignment.

If your not familiar with the concept, read ths:

http://www.freeasestudyguides.com/thrust-angle.html

And I'll post more info and pics :)

yea i completely pulled everything off and measured again and everything is symmetrical on both sides  <_<  :hmm:  than when putting it back together i noticed that the bolt on top of the leaf pack can go side to side in the hole on the mount of the axle about a 1/4 in each way so i pushed the leafs to the left and axle to the right and corrected the major off set..    but still is off centered  so i guess there nothing you can do short of cutting and welding mounts, and moving over 1/2 in in which case the mounts will not be centered but your wheels will...

yea i completely pulled everything off and measured again and everything is symmetrical on both sides  <_<  :hmm:  than when putting it back together i noticed that the bolt on top of the leaf pack can go side to side in the hole on the mount of the axle about a 1/4 in each way so i pushed the leafs to the left and axle to the right and corrected the major off set..    but still is off centered  so i guess there nothing you can do short of cutting and welding mounts, and moving over 1/2 in in which case the mounts will not be centered but your wheels will...

Theres suppose to be a metal plate with a rubber insert and peg thingy that centers the axles on the bolt ... One of mine is broken but I have the other I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

Basicly those 1" holes on the spring perches are suppose to center the axles .... at least that's the only way I see to center them. 

• 1 year later...

I have this problem on both my 710's .. The driver's side rear wheel pokes out about 1/4" to 1/2" more than the right rear wheel, before and after lowering blocks. Is there an easy way to slide the axle towards the passenger side, without going too far? The top of the blocks have enough room, around the centering pin, to theoretically fix this.