Round two, Bagged and Boosted RIP

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo why didn't you just put a front clip on the blue car? Would have been easier than all the work you're doing to the white one.

I think the blue car was a write off and no gaurantee even if spudly were to fix it that it would ever be able to be registered for the road again.

^^^ Good part of the full reasoning

No offense, but im really tired of giving the full answer to this question. Long story short, You have to know when to cut your losses. The money and time it would have taken to fix that car, that had been in multiple accidents and had a significant amount of rust, would have been close to what I want to spend on this car. and there would have been zero gurrentees that car would ever be straight and track straight again.

The car needed a full front clip, including significant firewall work, roof work, new frame rails, fenders, grill, valance, etc etc , the strut towers were pushed back (this is all just from the accident that totaled it, not to mention the previous damage to the car) and basically what it comes down to is it wasn't worth the time. I would rather spend my time building a new car that in the end will be way nicer and cleaner then (like I stated above) a car that is already fucked.

Im a firm believer that with enough time and money, anythings possible, But there becomes a time to cut your losses, and im taking the opportunity (as shitty as it may sound) to build a better, cleaner, car.

It took about a week to get my tail light panel from OZ. FYI.

Josh-

Yeah, metal would have been the better way to go... but I picked this up yesterday..

20130421_113148_zps48094aea.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, Look here jack.

7bae9457d5d8310c37f2198e4891e39d.jpeg

I'm all for cheap. And glass is CHEAP. Y not use it. Looks good, light weight. EZ Cheap. Race cars are made out of it. Smells good when you grind it.  And unless people come try to stick a magnet to the back of your car no one will know the difference.............unless you post it online or something hahahaha..................................o wait.

• Like 1

E0ADB29D-DFA1-42DA-A7E0-E48968D0CFFE-141

Those wheels in Dillion's dime. Off of a Honda EK for the record. Lol still look cool though

um shit dillons changing wheels too ......hmmm u guys got good taste....... in the extra holes ....u can hide your weed in there...

are u going 15's or 16's ... ihope it works out for u 

• Like 1

Is that one of Kevin's fiber glass panels?

yes it is

um shit dillons changing wheels too ......hmmm u guys got good taste....... in the extra holes ....u can hide your weed in there...

are u going 15's or 16's ... ihope it works out for u 

15s, and for the record, the wheels im looking at are NOT xxrs, still knock offs, but a step above xxrs IMO

Final test fit, looking pretty good, going to pull it back off, make sure everythings cleaned up, and get it all clamped into place to start welding it in.

I got a good, but bad phone call today, The last three summers ive worked construction for a general contractor, he called and He was asking when I was getting out of school, blah blah blah, anyway, im now leaving school immediately after class at 920 in Mt Vernon, and driving down to seattle to work the rest of the day. Cant complain at 20$ an hour, means more better parts! but also means less time to work on it... Goodbye social life! School, work, and then work on the car!

Note that nothing is clamped down, so the gaps look a little big

20130422_195447_zps7c7e98a1.jpg

20130422_195525_zpsdd3f731a.jpg

20130422_195537_zps09defe1e.jpg

• Like 4

Cant wait to see this at Canby :poke: Get your butt moving.... 

^^ +1 lulz.  Can't wait either. You got two months dude.

I dunno about my 2 month goal anymore... only have a couple hours to work on it each evening wasn't in my plans, I know I know, I got it easy.

Damn! It's been over 24 hours and no updates! I guess he gave up on this car and took up quilting or something. Lullzzz ;)

Sewing actually, I like the car better as lawn art.

20130424_204423_zpsa9532d72.jpg

20130424_204447_zps7e9239ac.jpg