Round two, Bagged and Boosted RIP

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya I know right, I had hopes of seeing it in primer by now.

Well these pictures might disappoint you then.........

20130418_123420_zps417faf27.jpg

20130418_125851_zpsfc03fb1b.jpg

20130418_130204_zpsdb925f7a.jpg

Ran into some more rust. considering replacing the whole taillight panel, in the long run it will save me time I think.

20130418_130229_zpse528641b.jpg

20130418_130245_zpsa6c667f3.jpg

More pictures this evening

510 convertible anyone??? hahaha

Im meeting up with kmc63 hopefully this eveing to check out his fiberglass panels, my dad has a lot of experience with fiber glass (building boats all his life) so installing one shouldn't be to bad. 425 id definitely not bad for a new one, but with the budget, and time it would take to get one here....

Jrock, I haven't ordered them quite yet, there making it a hassle to get me a staggered set, ill post pictures of the wheels im looking at though.

20130419_122520_zps6fae184d.jpg

hmmm maybe a sliding ragtop

http://www.slidingragtops.com/

dude run it that way....get a snap toneau cover

In the topic of ragtops. You should check out Greengoon's thread. He did it to his goon. Pretty solid setup and looks good.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/26747-the-greengoon-build-thread/

I think that I like the idea of a sliding ragtop... more then I would actually enjoy one on my car haha its a cool concept, never actually seen one in person! james actually had one he mentioned when we talking back and forth about the car.

Sooooooo... What is the paint scheme idea? Are you going to replicate the one that got hit? I loved that car.

right now the plan is solid baby blue, slightly different shade then the old one... I thought about the stripes, and decided the car would be a lot cleaner without them, and if I wanted to add them down the road, I would have a paint shop lay them out over me doing them.

First test fit of the replacement roof

20130419_160735_zps841fa6d9.jpg

20130419_161831_zps839ab2d0.jpg

20130419_163431_zps10eb12d6.jpg

20130419_165205_zps8064c2b8.jpg

Nice job - once I get the trunk/rear panel on my car finished I will be replacing my roof skin also.  I have been putting the roof off while I got my floors all finished up.

Are you going to just spot weld the roof skin in the drip rail channels?  That is the part I am most worried about with the swap.

Nice job - once I get the trunk/rear panel on my car finished I will be replacing my roof skin also.  I have been putting the roof off while I got my floors all finished up.

Are you going to just spot weld the roof skin in the drip rail channels?  That is the part I am most worried about with the swap.

yup that's the plan! im grinding/drilling all the spot welds, and am going to just weld it back in. If I didn't have other stuff going on, I would say I could have done this in one solid day. I would have it in tomorrow but am going to supercross. So im hoping to have it fitted and welded up sunday.

only have 2 weeks and 2 days to get it painted! (that's the goal I set if it has any chance of being done by june 9th)

Jrock, these are the wheels im looking at, but the place that I found them the cheapest is being dicks about staggering me a set, so im trying to find them somewhere else

VARRSTOEN_V3_16X8_5X114.3_SILVER_2-500x5

Or these... I dunno yet Im torn.

6391979171_21cc502a98.jpg