What did you do to your 720 today?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I unbolted my muffler and just left the cat. It sounds like a beast! I also pulled some bucket seats out of an old subie and got them mounted. Did all that yesterday. Today I bought a chrome rear bumper from a junk yard and im getting ready to install. Also putting some 6x9s behind the seat

Well i couldnt see much point in putting in a header with the rest of the exhaust being the way it is, not bad but definitely not great lol So I have been selling some datsun parts locally and have gotten enough to take it to a shop and have them do it, all new front to back. Im super stoked about it. Im thinkin 2 1/4, maybe 2 1/2 exhaust from the header to a basic cherry bomb or i may go and buy a flowmaster for the end. Thoughts and opinions anyone?

Well, yesterday I replaced this busted speedometer that got dropped on concrete by the wife. I had tried to superglue it and duct tape in back, but nope. Soon as I tightened the screws it broke again! I hadn't noticed before the metal framing was bent.

IMG_20130514_000556_zps59ac75df.jpg?t=13

This is the "new" one from Wayno the wife bought, looks nice! Of course it should have, he packed it well enough to survive an atomic bomb! Also I painted the needle red to match the rest of the gauges I painted a while back. I didn't like the faded beige. And I touched up the trip reset with black and silver.

IMG_20130513_235539_zps8ddc0538.jpg?t=13

I also cleaned the gauges and housing up and cleaned/waxed the lenses. Then I painted the old faded and peeling silver faceplate black and gold. I tried to mask it off and paint it silver again, but it didn't work out.

Before:

42cfa819-287e-4a27-94fb-966a69705104_zps

AFTER:

IMG_20130514_091310_zps785f925a.jpg?t=13

Hopefully later today I can put in the new speedo cable and reinstall the gauges and get this truck back on the road!

Installed tach and clock today. I will add some pics I took later today. It was pretty easy just needed a phillips , flat head and a small drill bit and drill . Took me about 1 hour maybe a little longer because I had to charge battery for drill. I have a 85 xtra cab and all the plugs were in harness already, the hardest part was unplugging the harness from the back of the gauge cluster. There is a bunch of pics I think I will post how to

Update on my last post. Got it and the cable installed, drove it, everything works fine! And I think this is the first time since I have owned the truck since 2011 that the speedo reads CORRECTLY! And the needle doesn't bounce.

HELL YEAH!

IMG_20130514_194248_zps8b5c4160.jpg?t=13

Update on my last post. Got it and the cable installed, drove it, everything works fine! And I think this is the first time since I have owned the truck since 2011 that the speedo reads CORRECTLY! And the needle doesn't bounce.

HELL YEAH!

IMG_20130514_194248_zps8b5c4160.jpg?t=13

Sweet! Looks good too  :thumbup:

I don't even have a needle on mine (also since 2011) I've been determining my speed from the tach..

Maybe I'll fix it one of these days..

Dammit Drew, your truck is coming along nice!   B)

Love those emblems.. 

Thanks! Now if I could find a way to get rid of giant door mirrors. Previous owner painted around them and there is 4 giant holes in each door. I have front euro (amber/clear) bumper lenses and thought about putting 83 tailight lenses (amber/red) but they are different shape compared to 85.

Thanks! Now if I could find a way to get rid of giant door mirrors. Previous owner painted around them and there is 4 giant holes in each door. I have front euro (amber/clear) bumper lenses and thought about putting 83 tailight lenses (amber/red) but they are different shape compared to 85.

The big mirrors are starting to grow on me  :geek: maybe because it's something different..? 

I dig the amber/clear lenses and plan on going that route.. Which are the amber/red..? Don't believe I've seen those...

Amber and red tailights came on 83 , 84 maybe 82 .

Ah ok, taillights.. Was a bit confused with the mention of the front bumper lights.. I have the amber/red, and yea they aren't interchangeable, you also have the reverse lights built into yours..

If you don't really use your reverse lights (mine haven't worked since I got my truck), maybe paint/tint them..? I knew a guy with a Yota who painted the amber of the turn signal on his taillights to match the red..  Forgot what kind of paint exactly he used but you could hardly tell the difference in color..