Post Your 521.

Dattokai

plnfixr320,

The 521 looks very cool so far!!  Will that truck be 4wd or prerunner style?  What type of front axle setup is being used??

Thanks...

It will be a 4x4. Since it was in the sad shape it was when we got it we don't have to feel guilty about ruining a good truck. The frame was cut off behind the cab, no engine or drivetrain.

The axles are Toyota mini truck axles. We are putting in a 22r in it with a G52 trans and dual transfer cases. Once we get a few more things we can start the frame (lots of DOM tubing) and I may open a build thread if there is interest on here for it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's my 521's.  The green on is my daily driver.  The Maroon one has a weber and runs but I have not done much to it yet.  I just recently picked up the blue one.  The owner (nice older guy) had just finished putting a new high-performance cam, head job and water pump on it.  I haven't done much to it either.

P1000455-1.jpg

P1000459.jpg

0516121211.jpg

20130526_210121_zpsacbef7b5.jpg

20130526_210121_zpsacbef7b5.jpg

20130608_081810_zpsf645bc92.jpg

Also, I made up this T-shirt of the 521 diagram and wore it to canby.  I drew it in AutoCAD and created a postscript file that the shop used so it's pretty detailed and nice lines.  I also put some shading in the windows to make them standout.  I'm going to have a bunch made for me and the fam.  If there was interest I could make some extra and make them available for the going rate + shipping.  I'm working on one for the PLG222 and roadster.

I will take a pair of XL those shirts neighbor.

I will take a pair of XL those shirts neighbor.

I had a bunch of the t-shirts made up for Canby this year and sold them for $12/ea. I sold quite a few but I'll see if I have an XL left. If so, we can meet up in Grants Pass somewhere/sometime. PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

010_zpsf8f7dba4.jpg

Normally I hate modern wheels on older vehicles, but in this case I have to say "Damn, that looks great! ", maybe it's the rest of the truck looking so good, that makes those wheels look good. The paint is F---in glorious!

• Like 1