How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

Just be like me, I call it the 3 year plan, I get parts and don't do anything with them for around 3 years, sometimes even longer. I had my KA before I even had the 620. The trick is to be on the look out for one know, if a good deal comes up grab it, if not keep waiting :D

I am on the 3 year plan too. maybe a bit more. I bought my 2 door stocker 3+ years ago with plans for the VG swap. Collected parts since then and finally started last month. Better to be prepared.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the function of the resistor/condenser on the S13 KA24DE wiring. I am seeing power at B/R on the F30 plug, but no power from the LG/B wire. Should that light green wire have power (when the key is ON)? Maybe someone can probe theirs with a test light for me:D.

I have the harness wired up just as y'all do and I am not getting spark. Any insight is appreciated.

ecu-diagramexploded.jpg

• Like 1

Well as long as you have one it should work, but it's good to have a nice size ground, remember that there is a huge gauge wire running to the starter, just as much power needs to return to the battery to complete the circuit. If your ground is to small it could melt if the engine cranks a lot, like in your case since you have no spark.

I would just make sure the wire goes to the points shown in the diagram, if it does it should work fine. Testing for power can damage signal circuits if they aren't designed for the load of a test light.

Did you personally see the engine run before you bought it? Where you testing for spark from the coil or through the cap and plug wires?

• Like 2

I didn't personally see the engine run, so I can only take the dude's word for it. The coil is out of a friend's car that runs so I know its good.

I've been checking spark both from the main coil lead and from cap/plug wire, holding 1/16" or so from a ground.

Everything seems to be hooked up right so it's probably a matter of double checking things. My ECCS relay comes on with switched power and the fuel pump relay does it's timer thing so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

• Like 1
Ice you talking about that little black ground that goes on the ignitor? If so yes that needs to be hooked up or else what your descrbing will inhibit spark. peace.

Its been a while since I dealt with that chip but I remember THINK I remember the whole housing on KA's being grounded to the chassis..

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The black with white stripe is basically a wire that is powered up with key on and key in cranking position. Basically it just turns on the EFI, you could hook it to a toggle switch if you wanted :D

• Like 1

Mike that was the first engine I ever wired into a dime :D I actually can't really remember how it goes... haha Do you have the wiring diagram? If you want to send it to me I could figure it out for you :D

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...