Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

S14 KA24DE wiring and OBD2 is bullshit....

OBD2 KA is to Nissan as what Feed-back Quadrajet is to GM...

....GARBAGE!

OBD2 is required for any street legal vehicle with a combustion engine built 96 or newer aka Tesla doesn't have a OBD2 port although manufactures can install them on electric vehicles if they want.  Our Leaf has a OBD2 port.  Which is pretty cool, we were able to reprogram the Leaf so the doors don't auto lock and one push on the door button unlocks all the doors.  So much better!!!!   

• Like 4

Just making sure these things are still available. ?? And at what price?

So how does one know if they have a s14 harness? I'm confused? I thougjt the s13 only had a ka-E in them.. I have no clue..

I have a de and harness but don't know much about it.. once I'm done building it I plan on dropping it in the place of my single cam.. but I wanna know more Soni don't take the hard way..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just making sure these things are still available. ?? And at what price?

So how does one know if they have a s14 harness? I'm confused? I thougjt the s13 only had a ka-E in them.. I have no clue..

I have a de and harness but don't know much about it.. once I'm done building it I plan on dropping it in the place of my single cam.. but I wanna know more so i don't take the hard way..

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

anyone on here wire a can am box to a vg30? and knows how?

The short answer is that it will not work with any of the ECU's which use a ground (-) to control the fuel pump circuitry. That means any early VG like the z31 and the s12. The Can-am box is designed to switch the positive side of the fuel pump....KA,CA, SR

What can be done if you are dead set on using the box is to basically use only one of the relay circuits in the box and leave the other (2) unused....not really practical. 

The better thing to do is to retain the (2) relays from the donor car and harness and wire them into your project...not difficult at all

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The S14 KA24DE doesn't have a coil and the MAF is different. I think the ECU plug looks different too. The easy way to tell a S13 from S14 KA is the center valve cover bolts: S13 has 3 bolts and s14 has 2 bolts. The wiring harnesses don't interchange.

Thanks. One of the (many) things I did not know...

I gots me an S13 !

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

A few questions;

KA24DE swap into a 510; Reading thru this post; it looks like its only 8 -10 wires to get the engine running.  These wires are mated to the existing 510's electrical system.

I was thinking of using a Racing style switch panel.   (Push Start) (Fans) (ignition) (Fuel Pump) (Power) (?) using relays.  Using this method, is it save to assume; I not need to use the wires from the KA harness?  

Also,  Does the ECU need to be re-flashed to eliminate sensors and plugs not in use any more?

Thank you 

• Like 1

Hello All,

A few questions;

KA24DE swap into a 510; Reading thru this post; it looks like its only 8 -10 wires to get the engine running.  These wires are mated to the existing 510's electrical system.

I was thinking of using a Racing style switch panel.   (Push Start) (Fans) (ignition) (Fuel Pump) (Power) (?) using relays.  Using this method, is it save to assume; I not need to use the wires from the KA harness?  

Also,  Does the ECU need to be re-flashed to eliminate sensors and plugs not in use any more?

Thank you 

BUMP  Anyone?

• Like 1

No re-flash required.  Just follow the drawing at the beginning of the thread.  CAN/AM box not required just makes things clean and easier to install.  

Thank you for the reply ICEHouse. What about hooking up the Fans, Fuel Pump and push start to switch panel?   Do I just leave them off the harness? 

one last question;  Do you know what wires can be removed to clean up the harness?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

need help with wiring a s13 ka24de into a 521.  figured all the wires out off the diagram from page one except the brown wire going to the iacv to the run on the can am box.  I actually think i do have it right but wanna confirm.  i dont have a brown wire coming out of the plug going in the iacv.  i have a blue with green strip coming off that plug that goes under the intake to the iacv and air regulator and the other end goes into the grey plug that has my ecu bup ecss 1 and run 2 and is the only un accounted for wire so i think its it.  can anyone confirm this?  im sure if i had some pictures that would help also but atm i dont.  thank you any that can help! 

• Like 1

thank you for the reply guys, but...

I think the 3 plugs on the back of the intake all go to a big grey plug ... you need the other side of that big plug to see which wire is brown

yes the other end of that big grey plug has all the wires i need... but there isnt a brown.. there is only a blue with green stripe.  ive used the diagram from page one of this thread, which says its a brown wire, and the diagram below shows its a brown wire, but i dont have said brown wire??

Bro just look for exit pin out of your engine and ecu
Tap In to the wire there for your iacv
It should be brown there number 113 on a 1991/94
Ka24de

Hope this helps

the wire from pin 113 is light blue and goes from the ecu to the grey plug going into the intake which is where from the diagram below and page 1 and everthing else ive read and found there should be a brown wire coming out of that same plug that connects to the grey plug ess and ecc bup and such.  everything else im confident is wired correctly. 

This is designed for my project.  Yours may not look exactly like this.

This will be a stripped down efi harness with only whats needed

This is for a Datsun 620

Am I missing anything?

My_620_Project_b474ba98864cba27cbe2_58.j

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...