new nl320 owner

thevillen

i just got this 3 days ago saved it from leaving california. i will be starting a buld thread as i start taking truck apart. as to my truck its the nl that aztec 510 was selling. i will like to point out that the truck is very clean and minimal rust. i was reading the thread aztec510 build and its seems a lot of people doubted the fact the truck had paper work. i got the truck with 1 condition which was for him to give me the title. he did. glad to say truck is registered to me and clean tittle.. will start stripping her apart saturday..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got this 3 days ago saved it from leaving california. i will be starting a buld thread as i start taking truck apart. as to my truck its the nl that aztec 510 was selling. i will like to point out that the truck is very clean and minimal rust. i was reading the thread aztec510 build and its seems a lot of people doubted the fact the truck had paper work. i got the truck with 1 condition which was for him to give me the title. he did. glad to say truck is registered to me and clean tittle.. will start stripping her apart saturday..

I have to say this, do not throw anything away, even if it is destroyed, broken, ect; you may need to rebuild it, as there are a few NL320 parts that are impossible to get unless you know someone with what you need, and they owe you big time.

That said, Welcome to Ratsun  B)

It looks like a fairly nice little truck, fix the needed areas and drive it for a while, then rip into it when you know everything that is needed and have a plan of attack.

yes its the red nl320 aztec510 was selling in this great forum. im glad i ran into this forum because not i own silly.. (truck name)

welcome to Ratsun.  aztec510 kinda got off on a bad foot but glad to see you found Ratsun and the NL320 is staying in a drier climate then going to Chicago. 

When you get the time, can you post pic's of the NL, inside and out. In my book the NL is a unigue model and are rare. Yours looks pretty clean. What are your plans for the NL ?

Anyways, Welcome to the form and hope you enjoy your stay.  

welcome to Ratsun.  aztec510 kinda got off on a bad foot but glad to see you found Ratsun and the NL320 is staying in a drier climate then going to Chicago. 

When you get the time, can you post pic's of the NL, inside and out. In my book the NL is a unigue model and are rare. Yours looks pretty clean. What are your plans for the NL ?

Anyways, Welcome to the form and hope you enjoy your stay.  

im gonna get it back to original status but might trick it out a lil in the motor. i went to aztec510 garage and they build nice datsuns.. he has a few 510s with sr swap and og motor.. i fell in love more with hes rotary swap.. he has it on a 620 510 510 goon. i fell in love with the brap brap brap... so i might have hes crew drop in a rotary... hes 620 has a 13b twin turbo WOW.. so i might go that route.

So I started working on my rig. I will post photos soon need to learn how first. Today we pulled the engine and gear box out. Upon removing oil pan we find out that the motor was rebuilt not to long ago. All seal metals piston and the where like new. That explaind the oil being clean. It also had a fresh clutch. I was gonna put a rotary engine! But since everythig is good why molested. Would love some ideas if anyone knows what kind of upgrades I can do for more hp.. any help and advise would be appreciated.

Also to the OP, how much did you pay and what does that title actually say, is it really legit? I just ask because:

Dude its just biz.. get over it.. its not my fault I flipped some money.. as to paper work! My boy I own a wrecking yard.. that's a tease for me.. lol..

lol... I wasn't going to be the asshole to stir this up.  I just figured I'd watch and see how it all rolled out, as they always out themselves in some way.  But I noticed the similar ellipses  and shitty grammar and suspected the same thing.  

Well he offered it to me in a trade for my $4500 wagon, implying that it's worth 4500, which is what aztec was asking. He's apparently 44 years old, too, not sure why that matters, or why any 44 y/o would think it would....maybe the guy is ok, but do your homework. I'm out.

Let's let this one slide guys,  if he is the mentioned member or not, as long as EVERYONE is civil it just don't matter who he is, "thevillen" has not been aggressive towards anyone so far, so let us sit back and watch the build/restore, or whatever it is going to be.

It very well could have been sold to one of aztec510s friends, does that mean guilty by association, and there are a few on here that I can hardly understand half the sentences they type, it's like English is their 2nd or 3rd language, definitely not their first.

This user/member has been civil in his thread so far, so I am going to be nice also.

• Like 2

So I started working on my rig. I will post photos soon need to learn how first. Today we pulled the engine and gear box out. Upon removing oil pan we find out that the motor was rebuilt not to long ago. All seal metals piston and the where like new. That explaind the oil being clean. It also had a fresh clutch. I was gonna put a rotary engine! But since everythig is good why molested. Would love some ideas if anyone knows what kind of upgrades I can do for more hp.. any help and advise would be appreciated.

The E1/J13 blocks are limited for upgrades, it just was not intended to be a hotrod, a weber carb. is a little better than the stock carb, before Mike sold me my NL320, he upgraded it to a weber from the stock carb, and told me he should have done that a year ago.

If you really want more power out of your engine, try to figure out how to use motorcycle carbs, although I am not sure how that will be done as the two center cylinders share the same intake hole.

Let's let this one slide guys,  if he is the mentioned member or not, as long as EVERYONE is civil it just don't matter who he is, "thevillen" has not been aggressive towards anyone so far, so let us sit back and watch the build/restore, or whatever it is going to be.

It very well could have been sold to one of aztec510s friends, does that mean guilty by association, and there are a few on here that I can hardly understand half the sentences they type, it's like English is their 2nd or 3rd language, definitely not their first.

This user/member has been civil in his thread so far, so I am going to be nice also.

I totally agree with you Wayno, too many arm chair commandos here it seems.

Thanks wayno for the help. I would love to get to know you In person you are the most helpful member I this forum. I will pm you as my build goes. I did ask the young man for a trade for one reason only the wagon was eye candy when I seen it on the forum. I hate to say this! But based on my experience so far in this forum, I'm going to feel free to say I'm not welcome here. It is sad that such a community can be so ignorant! I mean no insult or disrespect. But I have been disrespected multiple times and acused of being someone I'm not. I see what aztec 510 had mention to me. It is a shame that none of the staff even steps up to ask people to be respectful. As I read on the threads I see how harsh members can be. Thanks for the lil time, but I feel this forum isn't for me. Wayno I will keep in touch if you like so that I can share my build with you. Thanks ratsun.

Nice truck.

Don't worry about the negativity. Ratsun is a cool place but take the heckling with a grain of salt. Seems like they're more concerned about their opinions and toughts than trying to help you out with your truck...

I will try to help you out the best way I can. Southern cali is a good location to source parts but I am finding that it is harder and harder to get parts these days. Heck, I have been looking for the chrome tail light bezels to the nl for over 2 years so if I can offer any advice just keep your eyes on the internet and ears open to tips and advice.

Well it is my pleasure to say I just purchased 2 more datsuns... 1963 l320s one with a coilover suspension prepped and ready for paint. Will keep posting up updates on this as I will pick up in two weeks.

We need photos of these, also would be interested in the coil overs, is it still a drum brake truck, or has it been converted to disc brakes?

What does it have for an engine, ect.

We need PHOTOS!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: