Z car find.

EricJB

Well it took me 2 weeks to pull it off, but I finally drug these out of the blackberries and swamp and got them home. Both are 72's, and it's amazing how whats missing or broken on the orange one, is perfect on the blue one. And the best part is, they were $500.00 for the pair. Get ready for stupid questions.

IMG_2178_zps2e819094.jpg

IMG_2179_zps34e06dc5.jpg

IMG_2182_zpsb684ef53.jpg

IMG_2180_zps2c534702.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, and someone with more knowledge than I feel free to chime in, but i'm pretty sure that overrider on the orange one is pretty damned rare and very fucking expensive. lucky man either way, those are a nice find.

The blue one has a front bumper with the bar between the overriders. Straight, but needs chrome.

Well it took me 2 weeks to pull it off, but I finally drug these out of the blackberries and swamp and got them home. Both are 72's, and it's amazing how whats missing or broken on the orange one, is perfect on the blue one. And the best part is, they were $500.00 for the pair. Get ready for stupid questions.

IMG_2178_zps2e819094.jpg

Is it just me, or does that tire seem to be toe'd in a ton?? 

Speaking of bumpers - are you planning on hacking these apart and making one solid vehicle out of them? I need bumpers for my 280 ;D

The blue one has no frame rail under the battery. About a foot of it is completely gone. And it is full of mud from flooding.So I wont try to save it.

The front bumper on the orange one looks like they tried to tow with it. And I have a 76 280 that needs bumpers too. After some time, I will have some extra stuff though.

Is it just me, or does that tire seem to be toe'd in a ton?? 

The rear fenders have ( and had) some fiberglass slapped over the rust. The right side is hanging out at the bottom. Might be an allusion from that, But I will check it out.

• 2 weeks later...