Had a 520 in the shop today

WCHLVR

Put the drop on a super solid 520 my friend Dustin picked up. Reclocked the torsions up front. Pulled 2 leafs and 4" block in the back. Still have some fab work to do up front (raised shock mounts, chop out the bump stop mounts). This is phase one. If he keeps it phase two will be air and laying rail. I will try and post more updates as she comes together.

401236_507943012603489_1656737713_n.jpg

248938_507943002603490_1882135423_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are going to bag it, then what I have to say can be disregarded, but pulling leafs to lower a truck is bad, just go find a set of 1980 threw 1986 Datsun/Nissan 720 4X4 leafs and install them, they will bolt right in, it will drop the back about one and a half inches from a stock leaf set, and it will firm up the rear so it will have a chance of not bottoming out, what you did will necessitate the removal of the bump stops, and it will hit metal to metal when you hit even a small bump with 4 inch blocks, tell me this, if you have a flat on one of the rear tires, will the lower shock mounts hit the ground? 

I think they will hit the ground, as I personally took the 4 inch blocks off mine because of this fact, getting a flat on the freeway and having that lower shock mount hit and drag on the ground can get very ugly fast, it would suck to read about that in the paper.

It's a nice looking truck, does it still have the J13 in it?