B210 Goodness: Finally Picked up a Car(Dos?)

Kirden

Yay B210 goodness :)

SAM_0184_zps1f5412f0.jpg

SAM_0185_zpsa1950182.jpg

SAM_0186_zps26721836.jpg

SAM_0190_zps8f167b0e.jpg

SAM_0188_zps166f99b7.jpg

SAM_0187_zps395027df.jpg

SAM_0189_zps01c45d81.jpg

SAM_0191_zpsc72420af.jpg

SAM_0192_zpsef85b0d9.jpg

SAM_0193_zpsb858b3d3.jpg

Was told it has a JDM A15, will keep looking it over and ask a lot of questions :P

Edit: Wanted to show the new addition here as well. Shows up on the 8th page I believe:

IMG_20150105_162545_zpsa09bbb16.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took these pics right before heading to work. I will see what information I can get on it tomorrow. I was looking for the cast marking "A15" but I could not find it. Then again I have no idea where to look :P

Here is some info I found on the head. Love the 1200 site :)

H89

Oval-port Closed-Chamber was fitted to A14-powered B310 Coupe and Sedan in the JDM market (but not to Van (wagon). C120 came with A15 engine and H89 head. Closed-chamber is a non-emissions controlled head (no EGR). It is sometimes called "High Compression", but the compression is about the same as the open chamber (H72) head -- the compression is controlled by the piston dish, not the head.

• Closed Chamber
  • Oval Port
  • Intake Water Ports
  • New intake bolt pattern

1234.jpg

15189.jpg

I have seen some dellorto(?) carbs that look interesting. Honestly I don't want to throw a ton of money into this engine until I figure out how it runs. There are 4-5 vacuum lines that were completely disconnected with no nearby connections. Probably countless more that have cracks ect, so buying 10-15 feet of hoses will probably be the first step.

Yea, and it looks like I have the A14 hitachi. Back at work so I can't get any more number until tomorrow. I would like to de-smog it but first I just need to get it running. We don't have smog laws where I live (yet).

Do you have emissions?

I thing Banner was referring to  Do you have emission testing where you are located.    If not dont bother with the hose.  Vacuum advance is all that is required to run that motor.

Nice Score on the Car  BTW!

Yea, I was thinking of tryin to do away with all the smog stuff, but the hitachi has so many lines going to it.

I guess I will look into de-smogging the engine. My truck was pretty much completely de-smogged when I got it, so I don't know what I can/can't remove. Time to use the search button :P

Before you remove all the smog stuff can you do me a favor and see if your B210 still have the following hose conected and if so where does it go to.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53370-emission-hose-mystery/?do=findComment&comment=877556

Thanks in advance.

I posted a pic of what I have in your thread. It is not exactly the same but hopefully it will help. I think I have a different manifold than you do.

Alright, we looked over the engine and figured out where all the hoses are supposed to be connected except for one. It comes from the fuel pump and has been plugged. Here is the pic:

SAM_0207_zps98381ae0.jpg

Looks like I have to work Friday so I only have Sat-Sun to work on it. My gas tank is full of sand/crystals and I have no gas cap, pretty sure all of the hoses need to be replaced. Masters are bone dry so that is another lovely part of the project. If I can get the fuel system and brakes done this weekend I'll be happy.

• Like 1

It was raining off and on today so I didn't get much done. Got the tank out:

SAM_0209_zps0c69ac46.jpg

Sending unit out, its pretty trashed:

SAM_0210_zpsdd321b58.jpg

There is a thin layer of gunk/rust in the tank. Calling a radiator shop tomorrow to see about hot tanking it with the radiator, if that doesn't work out in will ride in the back of my truck with a few fist fulls of rocks.

Also want to find someone with a media blaster to tank care of this:

SAM_0211_zps6f063b65.jpg

SAM_0212_zps922e3775.jpg

Also removed the back seat, no pics though. Back seat frame is in good shape, finally have a frame to try my hand at upholstery. Will be looking for some interior pieces but it will be slow. Found out I have to pay out about $3k by the end of the year... Gotta love those student loans.

Rain rain go away...

Alright, so I love the way this B210 looks except for the mirrors. Anyone know what lip this is?

6843312350_f6688b723b.jpg

I want these mirrors and grill:

riverstars.jpg

Also, kinda like the wheel styles on these cars. Similar but different number of spokes. Hard to decide between these and snowflakes.

Alright, we looked over the engine and figured out where all the hoses are supposed to be connected except for one. It comes from the fuel pump and has been plugged. Here is the pic:

SAM_0207_zps98381ae0.jpg

I am still looking for information on this plugged hose from the fuel pump. It is not the one from the tank nor the one to the carb, as those are hooked up. Is this line needed? I am trying to button up the small things to lower the possibilities once we try to get it running. I do not have a service book yet, it is on order from vatozone.

a fuel pump only needs an IN and an OUT,  so keep it plugged.  or better yet, buy a new one from rock auto.

Thank you. I have been looking for information on this but every search I have done comes back with vacuum line diagrams. I will most likely get another since I need a filter, all new feul lines, and a new sending unit. I just wasn't sure if the replacement comes with three hook-ups or just the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input king bee. I should get around to working on this this weekend, since it is supposed to be a wonderful 75F weekend. I ordered a hitachi rebuild kit, fuel pump, and oil filter from rock auto. Had the get the most expensive oil filter cause it was the only one besides Fram from the same warehouse, not that $5 is really all that bad.

The fuel tank is cleaned and coated, ready to be reinstalled. Going to pick up new fuel and vacuum hoses and clamps all around. I have an extra fuel filter from when I installed the weber on my truck, accidently ordered two. Still need to get plugs, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket (going to drop the pan), air filter, and a wingnut for the air cleaner.

Is the hose that comes from the exhaust to the front of the intake needed? Mine was cut off by the PO and my truck doesn't have it either, but my truck never had the stock carb. The hose I am asking about comes from the exhaust manifold. It is silver and looks like a dryer exhaust hose for a house.

Reference shopping list for this weekend:

Valve cover gasket

Oil pan gasket

Spark plugs

Air filter

Fuel and vacuum hoses

Wing nut for air cleaner (anyone know the thread?)

Fuel cap

Radiator cap

Oil (best weight?)

Carb cleaner

Also, how hard will it be to remove the oil pan while the engine is in the car? Not sure how much room is under there for removal.