Need a Tach

barricade88

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen tons for around 100. Whoever payed 350 smoked too much crack. Another solution is you could use a hole saw and drill out the tac delete ate and mount an aftermarket tach in the factory location

If I remember right, the delete is just a piece that screws in place. No need to drill anything. Please dont drill anything  .. ..

Just mounted my Suntune tach behind the stock bezel. Fits really well. I just cut open the stock block off plate and slid it over the back of the tach. Used a little longer screws to lock in on place. It's not a perfect match to the stock instrument faces but it looks really nice. It just blends right in. Even the redline marker is still useable! LOL

Sorry no pics yet. Got done with it late tonight. Forgot to grab some pics. Still need to hook up the wires. I will try and remember to post some up tomorrow.

I got tired of waiting for the 'good' deal on a virtual non-existant 620 tach. Those recent ones sold on ebay....crazy prices! I bought a good used Autometer 3 3/4" tach and mounted it to the rear of the bezel. It fits perfectly to the opening...no need to cut any bezels or cover plates. First I removed the bezel and lens from the tach. I had a broken stock 620 gauge lens I cut up and siliconed it to the tach so it matched the other gauge lenses. I made some simple mounting straps screwed to the cover plate mounts and used a hose clamp to hold it to the mounting straps...simple. The tach I used had a plastic pedistal, I cut it, drilled and tapped a hole in it as it lined up directly over the original tab the stock tach/clock would have attached to on dash.

2013-03-10_10-48-47_624_zps6a939417.jpg

2013-03-10_10-48-16_673_zps3cae8843.jpg

2013-03-10_10-47-48_419_zps92b30835.jpg

Thats the block off plate. there are 3 screws that hold it on. I just removed it from the back of the cluster. Used my dremel to carve it open and slid it over the back of tach with some longer screws to lock it in place. Took about 15mins. :thumbup: