A Garage too small.... Cool Blue & the shed

The true reason for the titles on Blue & Grey's "A Garage too small". So friends are supposed to be there to help one out when they have problems... Well my friends must be jerks haha... Anyway like grey was spotted by a friend in Indianapolis on Craigs, so was Blue... But this time up in the Chi.

Blue was bought as a parts car but might be switching over to rebuilding this one after seeing how much better the body on her was than Grey.

Plan is to redo this truck with more modern parts. Aka the KA24DE that's been silently sitting in my shed for the last 3 years. So this will be a slower paced project (Although that seems to be the pace of most of my cars :( ) as I really want to do this car right from the bottom up, and a little less ratsunny than the 510 and Grey.

Any ways here she is

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

That's it for tonight... Finally starting to get tired and well with work at vatozone at 8am... today, I feel it's time to finally sleep

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First Night in the stable. Right after I got done rolling Blue off the trailer by myself, thanks too a little rope and a pulley it wasn't too bad of a job. Just release a little, check steering, release a little more and then she was off.

IMG_0137.jpg

Like I said, I have no power out here, closest meter box is 120' away and with the price of copper or even aluminum I doubt I'll be hooking into the grid anytime soon. So for now this will be my source of light, and small power tools. Hopefully this will change with a little luck and a good craigslist find.

7CEG9821.jpg

The morning after, went out there to get things situated packed in so that I could still start to work on things and see what I'd ended up with.

7CEG9825.jpg

My prized relatively straight bumper

7CEG9830.jpg

7CEG9832.jpg

And since it was nice out decided to go ahead and unpack the engine stand from my shed and put it all together.

7CEG9822.jpg

Despite the packed look it's actually not too bad to work in here. There's about a 12x10 foot open area infront of the two trucks when I have them pushed back against the far wall.

IMG_0150.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying to work out the whole registration/title issue with this truck... Stupid Illinois DMV, the PO had this truck on a huge ranch so never bothered titling it so now I'm not quite sure what to do. Has anyone else had any experience with lost titles and such?

• 1 month later...

Definitely, it just rides so smooth I love it... Down here I get so much crap for not owning a truck, but this is so much better for the long hauls. Better MPG and a much smoother ride, gotta love it

• 2 weeks later...

Well not much of an update but did roll it around the yard today lol. Finally got the old L16 out of the truck bed, and then rolled her back into her new home, The trapped side of the shed :( ... I suppose that is why this is a One car garage after all.

CAM00044.jpg

CAM00048.jpg

And here's another reason why this ones kind of on the back burner, I feel like there's almost more holes than metal on this ones floor boards. ... Well that and I need a few more things before I begin to think about the KA swap.

CAM00046.jpg

Definitely need to get old grey running before I even touch this one, as I'm gonna need a truck to run around and get parts and haul engines and suck with ;)