Blue Ballz KA24E 210 swap

CWhip

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, wow- that's true!  SWEEEEEET.  That's why I love RATSUN: there are guys, and gals (but mostly guys) that have done cool things in cool ways for people on a budget, like me.  Thanks guys! I think i am going to do the split collar lowering project, with lowering blocks in the back.  Either way, I would need to use 280z shocks in front and back.  When I check at Oreilly AUto Parts it seems like the tops of the B210 and 280 z are threaded, so I figure they will be the same thread, just shorter travel.  Anywho, Thanks again guys!

-Octavio

You can also run Cut down 280z springs....They are the same diameter as B210 and a bit stiffer.

280Z springs are a much larger diameter than B210 springs.

280Z rear springs are same size but same spring rate so not much gain there.

280ZX is where it's at. The rear springs are same diameter yet stiffer. The front shock inserts are shorter and more choices. The struts and brakes are superior to 280Z too.

• Like 1

280Z springs are a much larger diameter than B210 springs.

280Z rear springs are same size but same spring rate so not much gain there.

280ZX is where it's at. The rear springs are same diameter yet stiffer. The front shock inserts are shorter and more choices. The struts and brakes are superior to 280Z too.

are 280zx struts direct bolt on a 80 210 without swap of crossmember, tierods etc...?

are 280zx struts direct bolt on a 80 210 without swap of crossmember, tierods etc...?

Yeah you unbolt the ball joint from the bottom of the zx housing and just use the stock 210 ones. Tie rods are unaffected as well but will need to be adjusted after cause the wheels get sucked in a bit and the toe will be off. You also have to remove the springs and perches and swap over the 210 stuff or run coilovers. You don't have to mess with the x member but you will need at least 14" tires to clear the brakes.

• Like 1

Yeah you unbolt the ball joint from the bottom of the zx housing and just use the stock 210 ones. Tie rods are unaffected as well but will need to be adjusted after cause the wheels get sucked in a bit and the toe will be off. You also have to remove the springs and perches and swap over the 210 stuff or run coilovers. You don't have to mess with the x member but you will need at least 14" tires to clear the brakes.

To add to that...

The lower spring perch for the 210 will fit right inside the 280zx's perch. 

Just cut 210 perches off. Place perch and 210 springs onto ZX struts. Install hats. Rock it!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

What driveshaft did you use? Did the h190 just bolt in?

It was a custom driveshaft and I've only got a H-165 but it and the 190 are bolt in. Just so you know, I tried installing the new rear end behind the original engine/tranny and my drive shaft was too long.