The forgotten Beige 69 510 build *Pics fixed through page 16*

Draker

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here you are....damn I'm slow sometimes.....

Just so you know......

I know this ain't Oregon....

.....but MY cost for a complete head job could hit $375...if valve's need replacing....

............but I live in a place where money doesn't mean much to people.....

Sucks for people like me......

Keep it up dude!!

See ya soon B)

• Like 1

post #124

You should hook B of mactchbox(assume its the red wire) to the blk/ white wire(keyON) on the ballast as this will give the box a true 12/14volts. Since you still using the point coil and ballast the + side coil is only like 6--9 volts when running as the ballast is cutting the current.  might run better this way

Actually, The ballast is bypassed. I bridged it with a hidden wire on the bottom side and the coil is for the matchbox. I should probably just remove the ballast so it doesn't confuse people, but I was leaving for aesthetics. Its more confusing than anything though.

I have been running into issues getting it to run right though. It stumbles.. and idles like shit. It's either the shit carbs.. and/or the dizzy setup. Thanks for the tip though. I'll probably just remove the ballast.

Here you are....damn I'm slow sometimes.....

Just so you know......

I know this ain't Oregon....

.....but MY cost for a complete head job could hit $375...if valve's need replacing....

............but I live in a place where money doesn't mean much to people.....

Sucks for people like me......

Keep it up dude!!

See ya soon B)

If I added valves these fools probably would want over $500.. lol crazy talk.

I'm gonna run it, and if issues come up, I'll pop the head off. This was a running engine before I tore it down.. I just wanted to inspect and refresh it. Plus it was dirty as fuck. Can't have that.

• Like 1

yeah long as its a EI coil and the B is to plus with the blk wht (ON) wire. sometime people hook the HOT start(blk/blu) wire up also to this to have 3 connections.

and Blk to C that's all.

make sure the dist shaft isn't worn. I had this happen to a Point dizz with pertronix and at high end it would cut out. find out bushing was worn swapped another dizzy with same Pertronix was a whiole new car.

I alwsy ck the valve lash also then if sideddrafts ck my jets and venturis for wiggle

down draft I guess for vaccume leaks

also had a dizzy were the weights flew off the springs.  so maybe a pull to spin it would be EZ to do also

yeah long as its a EI coil and the B is to plus with the blk wht (ON) wire. sometime people hook the HOT start(blk/blu) wire up also to this to have 3 connections.

and Blk to C that's all.

make sure the dist shaft isn't worn. I had this happen to a Point dizz with pertronix and at high end it would cut out. find out bushing was worn swapped another dizzy with same Pertronix was a whiole new car.

I alwsy ck the valve lash also then if sideddrafts ck my jets and venturis for wiggle

down draft I guess for vaccume leaks

also had a dizzy were the weights flew off the springs.  so maybe a pull to spin it would be EZ to do also

I actually swapped the Dizzy out for another one I had. Same issue :( 

I've had it running good a few times. None of those times were with the SU's though. I have a hunch one of the needles are bent. Probably looking at new needles and seats sometime soon if I want to run these carbs.

• 3 weeks later...

that blue car ahd a quarter put on like this .. i wished i knew before hans and his friend did filler work on it .. it blew the fuck up ...something about mechanics doing body work and not asking me then wet sanding bondo...never wet sand bondo ... EVER

• Like 1

I've checked the timing, swapped dizzy's, swapped spark plug wires.. 

I got video of it running with a vacuum gauge on it. Will post when it finishes uploading. It's wack.. and I'm not 100% that the exhaust isn't kinda clogged either. I know for sure there were rats up in that business at one point.

My thoughts.. timing is fucked.. but I've confirmed it's fine. Massive vacuum leak somewhere, I checked around the manifold and base of the carb with propane, no change in idle at all. ??