Draker

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the fender in epoxy. 

Had a few broken bolts when removing the fender. Welder and some shitty standard nuts made quick work to remove. Got door removed, rebuilt the lower hinge and reinstalled the spring that had been missing since I got it. The hinge was too worn to accept the spring and still close. Fixed now.

On to the door. I probably won't strip this one all the way down. Paint was pretty decent, just a lot of dents. Found some previous filler, but it actally held up nice. Was surprised when I found it.. bodywork was done well.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

I've just gotten into the habit of turning them the wrong way and breaking the heads off on purpose. Then screwing out what's left from the outside...  ?

Yeah did that on the top after the first one broke. I thought I might get lucky on the removal... nooooope! Both the 12mm by the door both broke off as well. No access from the inside on those that I could see. I tried backing them out, spray with PB, insert, repeat. They both broke still. Sucks drilling them out but I have had lots of practice so it's not all that bad, just takes a while.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

I usually drill the bolt itself and tap it for the same size as the other fender bolts. ?

Good idea lol.

My method is drill, then dremel away until I can just pick out the leftover junk still stuck in the threads. Then no tapping needed, but takes a little longer.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Draker said:

My method is drill, then dremel away until I can just pick out the leftover junk still stuck in the threads. Then no tapping needed, but takes a little longer.

I've done that a few times, but it's a rare occasion I get that hole drilled dead center...  ?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Not much to update on this car.. just sits in the garage while I find time to finish the body work. Been driving the 1200 while this one is down.

The high beams on this car are not great. They are the dapper lighting 575 halogen projectors. I just ordered the LED retrofit, which includes new projectors, and the LED bulbs. This should make the high beams much better. Plus I need to install the damn relay harness so they all stay on at the same time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Almost the same but a little variation.....

C8Lp5xm.jpg

2 1200's and a 510. You still have me beat though. Only the 1200's can be driven at the moment.....if it wasn't for all the snow that has fallen here since the 28th. 

• Like 2

Well you have me completely crushed when it comes to parking space. ?

12 hours ago, KELMO said:

Almost the same but a little variation.....

2 1200's and a 510. You still have me beat though. Only the 1200's can be driven at the moment.....if it wasn't for all the snow that has fallen here since the 28th. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 3/28/2018 at 12:54 AM, Draker said:
Make a hole

20180318_221829.jpg

Make a round thing out of a flat thing

20180318_221817.jpg

Stick it in the hole and weld it.

20180324_171914.jpg

Mock them up

20180324_180518.jpg

Clamp it down

20180324_190138.jpg

Weld it up

20180324_224035.jpg

20180324_223926.jpg

20180324_223916.jpg

20180324_224008.jpg

I like thouse brackets, where might they be available? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2018 at 3:54 PM, Draker said:
Make a hole

20180318_221829.jpg

Make a round thing out of a flat thing

20180318_221817.jpg

Stick it in the hole and weld it.

20180324_171914.jpg

Mock them up

20180324_180518.jpg

Clamp it down

20180324_190138.jpg

Weld it up

20180324_224035.jpg

20180324_223926.jpg

20180324_223916.jpg

20180324_224008.jpg

I will have to make the same next week.
But I was told that rear part of Skyline HR31 without hicas is bolt-on to my chassis. Need to find it for measuring. 
  • Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Nothing to really update on this car, it runs and drives, but it's been parked since I moved. It's in nice dry storage though and I start it up every now and then. I still need to get the rear alignment sorted out. At some point I'll buy some DIY alignment tools and get crackin on it.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Draker said:

Nothing to really update on this car, it runs and drives, but it's been parked since I moved. It's in nice dry storage though and I start it up every now and then. I still need to get the rear alignment sorted out. At some point I'll buy some DIY alignment tools and get crackin on it.

Also pump those brakes and clutch to keep them freed up and working, and I'm sure you know never leave the emergency brake on while it sits in storage.

• 1 year later...

dang, been a year since I did anything with this car. Still runs and drives though. But still needs bodywork etc. I've been paying attention to the 1200.. But this one is still around.

I replaced the timing cover plate with one from @Mattndew76. A very cool piece! 

2F5D797C-05FE-4EBD-B27C-0D0DB683B42A.jpg

• Like 4