• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
After the run up to the Sonic meet, I noticed my alternator making noise. Shut it off and hit it with the temp gun.. it was really hot.

So I bought a new one. Saturn CS130.

Also engine temps stay low about 140F when on the highway. I can feel it's affecting the carb performance.. so I got a new thermostat. 

20180118_190413.jpg

Also picked up some stainless hardware for the camber plates. Trying to clean it up a little bit.. but the paint chips aren't helping...

20180115_212029.jpg

• Like 6

Got the old GM alternator out, and swapped in the new alternator. I thought I bought the same alternator, which would have made the swap really easy.. turns out it was completely different. Had to redo the top and bottom mounts. Pics will be soon.. should have taken them as I was swapping.. wtf.

• Like 1

I thought my rear main was leaking.. but after getting intimate with the alternator it appears to be the oil pan gasket, again. I tightened the bolts just a little bit to see if it would stop. I'm guessing it's the same or worse now. Meh.

• Like 1

Found a local datsun for sale in craigslist. Had a dealer datsun ate on it. On a whim emailed him to see if he would part with just the plate.

Turns out we made a deal. Kendall was our dealer in Eugene.

20180125_184324.jpg

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

Found a local datsun for sale in craigslist. Had a dealer datsun ate on it. On a whim emailed him to see if he would part with just the plate.

Turns out we made a deal. Kendall was our dealer in Eugene.20180125_184324.jpg

Score. I’ve only seen plastic ones on 210’s

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still need to set the rear camber and toe a bit. Then may have to lower it a bit more in the rear. I could always raise the front a 1/2" or so to even it out. We'll see..

Alignment coming soon once I get the height figured out.

• Like 2

I'm already feeling the pain of the hunt for lows.

Wheels are 15s and making getting low without crazy camber hard. I cut the bump stops tonight. Still pretty excessive rake.

Front coils at max height. Would need to remove spit collars and raise perch about 2 inches and weld in place. That would allow a wide range of adjustment.. or I could get longer threaded coil sleeves. I might look into that.

• Like 3

Are you using the 4" tall Ground Control sleeves? If so, SRP makes a 7" version... 

http://www.smileysracing.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=10536&c=0

I think 4 or 5. I bought a 7" from amazon for $8. I'll use that to check. If it works, I'll order the other. I like the height in front, but could go up just a little bit. I already have a good dent in the oil pan.. don't need another.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...