The forgotten Beige 69 510 build *Pics fixed through page 16*

Draker

But you asked if the 4dr and wagon doors were the same... The rears are different regardless of year.

I know what you are saying, but no I didnt ask if the doors were the same. I asked if the divider or sash was the same, the part that Chopper and Draker were talking about at current.

After looking at part numbers, I concluded they were different.

I imagine the angle is about the same, but the height is different.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This car is in great shape, those floor pans look awesome!  I would kill to have ones that were half as good.  Mine are so rusted, I'll be replacing all 4 sections.  

I'm going to have to do this to some extent on my 2 door.

• 2 weeks later...

Before:

DSC_0957_zps5417e844.jpg

DSC_0956_zps5dfe395b.jpg

After:

DSC_0960_zps91095079.jpg

DSC_0959_zps6b622118.jpg

DSC_09582_zpsc5a1b46d.jpg

DSC_09562_zps081d04d7.jpg

DSC_0955_zps77446673.jpg

DSC_09542_zps43dac861.jpg

Spent a few hours cleaning these up. Used a little brakleen to get all the tar off the floors. Going to pickup some wax & grease remover and get these floors painted!

I did remove some of the seam sealer.. or rather it was pretty loose and just came out.

Is there a specific seam sealer I should use?

Do I need to try and remove all this glue/adhesive before painting? (It's tough to get off even with brake cleaner)

Crazy on the receipt!

I would just use dry ice and get off what you can. It should freeze up whats left and then just chip away at it. Ive always just used POR15 to seal everything up. 

I finally found the bag I had with the '69 knobs in it today. I have every knob if you still want them. 

Crazy on the receipt!

I would just use dry ice and get off what you can. It should freeze up whats left and then just chip away at it. Ive always just used POR15 to seal everything up. 

I finally found the bag I had with the '69 knobs in it today. I have every knob if you still want them. 

I got it all off. It was pretty cold outside when I chipped it off and it actually came off really easy. I know about the dry ice method but I figured I'd see how easy it was without it. It wasn't bad just took time to get everything very clean.

I'd like to find the switches and knobs but if I can only find switches I'll take em! Let me just see what I can find. Any word from your guy? I've got one source so far. Just looking for options.

I've got an old school Crock Pot just like that. Loving this 4dr..

Yeah, found it in the trunk of the dime. (jk lol) It's old school though.. Hoping I can get the floors painted and ready for fatmat this week.

Before:

DSC_0957_zps5417e844.jpg

DSC_0956_zps5dfe395b.jpg

After:

DSC_0955_zps77446673.jpg

DSC_09562_zps081d04d7.jpg

DSC_09582_zpsc5a1b46d.jpg

DSC_0960_zps91095079.jpg

DSC_0959_zps6b622118.jpg

Spent a few hours cleaning these up. Used a little brakleen to get all the tar off the floors. Going to pickup some wax & grease remover and get these floors painted!

I did remove some of the seam sealer.. or rather it was pretty loose and just came out.

Is there a specific seam sealer I should use?

Do I need to try and remove all this glue/adhesive before painting? (It's tough to get off even with brake cleaner)

I use Fusor 800EZ, from Industrial finishes. It wil work in a standard caulking gun.

What did you end up using?- POR-15?

Zero Rust. It comes in all different colors.. I just chose black. I used the recommendation of Scooter Stuff. Por-15 is generally applied to heavy rust I guess and not painted surfaces. Not to mention it's twice as much.. lol

Zero Rust. It comes in all different colors.. I just chose black. I used the recommendation of Scooter Stuff. Por-15 is generally applied to heavy rust I guess and not painted surfaces. Not to mention it's twice as much.. lol

Maybe Ill check it out. Cost was my only gripe about 15. How much did it cost you?

Maybe Ill check it out. Cost was my only gripe about 15. How much did it cost you?

Yeah, check it out man! Also check out Scooter stuffs build thread. He uses it everywhere.. it's good stuff. I think it was $25 for a quart. I hand painted the floors very heavy with 2 coats and probably have enough left to do the trunk.

Yeah, check it out man! Also check out Scooter stuffs build thread. He uses it everywhere.. it's good stuff. I think it was $25 for a quart. I hand painted the floors very heavy with 2 coats and probably have enough left to do the trunk.

With just the 1qt? Decent price. Yeah, Ive been watching Scooters thread... he does good work. 

With just the 1qt? Decent price. Yeah, Ive been watching Scooters thread... he does good work. 

Yep, put it on thick. I've got a good amount left. I could probably do the trunk with a single coat.. maybe not double. I even used a bit on the floors of my truck.. Damn rust is spreading everywhere!!

• 4 weeks later...

Decided it was time to clean the garage.. So I pulled everything out.

DSC_0958_zps9a5b799b.jpg

Swapped some new shoes on the 4x4. (Moar loar later, first stop and go)

DSC_0962_zpsde435f52.jpg

Test fitting new home.

DSC_0968_zpsfcdf1f39.jpg

And look who finally woke up from a long winters nap. Drove the Z to work today!

DSC_0970_zps9ae2e958.jpg