The forgotten Beige 69 510 build *Pics fixed through page 16*

Draker

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally found a nice door panel. thanks Kim! now I need to find nice (but not too nice ($$$)) arm rests to go with it. I've been searching for this door panel for 3 years. Bought a full set and will be using the front two and stashing the rear two and the front passenger side.

20151227_195601_zpsbrapby5g.jpg
 20151227_195550_zpsa1lvifmu.jpg
Edited by Draker
  • Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Still working on it behind the scenes.

I looked into doing some zinc plating, and I'm not quite ready to invest into a home plating setup. I think I estimated it at a $300-500 to start. I don't remember..

So I send a few emails to places that do plating in town. I need to round up some parts and take them down to get an estimate.

I've also got some parts that I painted... they look good. I might send them to jrock.. maybe. Still thinking about that one.

• Like 2

I am picking up a W58 closed head from Wayno tomorrow. It's not the best head out there but it's better than my open head (W58 I believe).. going to verify that here in a second.

I just checked the head I've got and it's an N58. The W58 will almost be a lateral move.. but it's closed. So marginally higher compression.

Edited by Draker
  • Like 3

What's wrong with the head you had?, just upgrading to more compression?

Also, do you remember the part # for the door hinge pins you got?, I desperately need to replace all of mine, it's the reason why my doors don't close smoothly...

The head I have is an open smog head with round ports.. Ideally I'd like a closed square port head but I haven't found one. I found a good deal on a closed W58. It will flow the same as the one I have but have marginally higher compression. Which is a very slight upgrade. 

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with the one I have. It works just fine.

I'll look for the part# for the hinge pins I used. I got them from NAPA.

• Like 2

The head I have is an open smog head with round ports.. Ideally I'd like a closed square port head but I haven't found one. I found a good deal on a closed W58. It will flow the same as the one I have but have marginally higher compression. Which is a very slight upgrade. 

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with the one I have. It works just fine.

I'll look for the part# for the hinge pins I used. I got them from NAPA.

Napa 675-5157

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Door-Hinge-Pin-Bushing-Kit/_/R-NDP6755157_0531829749

Good to see you're still working on it! Hopefully that noise will be gone after everything's back together.

I looked at everything under the timing cover.... didn't see anything!  I changed the front cover though.. so we'll see. It could have the same sound.. but I'll be 100% sure everything is tight. I really hope it's gone though.

• Like 1

Stealing this for my reference.

From DQ...

Originally Published in DQ Volume 6.2

Submitted by John Roper

qtt_fuse_box_pin.jpg

I’ve always had problems with the small clip that holds the fuse box cover on. It seems as though they all broke sometime back when the Bee Gees were still touring... I’ve never heard of a fix for it other than buying a new lid.

I happened to be pointing it out the other day to a friend who is a tech at a local Lexus body shop. He said "Hey, that looks just like the pin on an access panel under some Lexus dashes". So I went to the dealer parts department and they kindly let me rifle through about 40 3'x4' drawers of clips until I found what I was looking for. It took me about an hour, but I was finally successful.

Go to your local Toyota or Lexus dealer and tell them you need Part # 90467-08119. List price from my dealer was $1.36 each.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...