Draker

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is sweet man, Looks clean!

I like the way that zero rust turned out. I am gonna have to use some when I do my interior  B)

Yeah, I dig it! I thank Scooter Stuff for the recommendation. Looks like a quality product!

Yeah, I saw that. I went with black just because I don't know what color the car is going to end up.. lol

On their website they list a Tan version. Might be kinda cool to throw a coat of that on there to make it all match again. I know i'm ocd  :P

am i the first to point out this ain't a bambo tan car........lol....i know ..flam me.......i'm just jealous u wont sell me my ka-t shell .....oh yeah fer super cheap too.....lol im waching where this goes...

You would be the first.. and you might have a point. I need to look at the color code.. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

DMV is rebuilding record for this car and should be done by Monday. Apparently car was purged from DMV in 1988 and they had to go back and find the record manually.. Next step is go to DMV and see if my bill of sale matches the last owner. If so, title will be issued. If not, they will give me the name and address and I will have to send them a form via certified mail. Either the owner will fill the form out and send it back or... the letter will be returned back to me undelivered, and then I can get a title.. OR the owner is a complete bitch and doesn't respond. If that happens I'll attempt to go the abandoned vehicle title/lien route.

I am trying to get a bit of info from the guy I bought it from also to see if he ever titled it or registered it. Fingers crossed!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorta disappointed.  Saw it bumped, hoped for moar progress and pictures :lol:

I agree. I'm still waiting for papers so I can apply for the title. I've got a bunch of parts that are ready to go on the car.. but I must resist!

I agree. I'm still waiting for papers so I can apply for the title. I've got a bunch of parts that are ready to go on the car.. but I must resist!

... that's the wise choice though ! .... waiting for Oregon DMV to finish playing TETRIS with your paperwork .... and the mailbox ..... hmmmmmm

I've been secretely trolling ,,,, waiting ,,,, lurking .... and will gladly still do so .... do wanna see ! ....  :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Still not a lot of updates on the title front...  I got the signature the DMV said I needed, took the papers back to the DMV, and then they said now you need to get a bill of sale from the owner on the title... blah. That's going to be tough. But I can do it.

Anyway, I do have some updates for the car itself. I've bought a bunch more parts for it and I've been tinkering a bit.

She's got a pulse..

2013-07-17_22-08-11_326_zps5ad2c100.jpg

Next step was to get a good look at what state the engine is in... Off comes the valve cover. OMG, clean!! Keep in mind, hasn't been ran since the early 80's and been stored indoors ever since.

2013-07-17_21-56-46_768_zps17e3a5ef.jpg

2013-07-17_21-56-06_333_zps1cee2141.jpg

2013-07-17_21-55-57_372_zps64ed034a.jpg

Spark plugs.. looking for any thing suspicious.. Everything looked fine.

2013-07-17_21-34-09_957_zpsc58af7e8.jpg

Plugs were out, I sprayed a bit of PB in the cylinders and let it sit for bit then got out the gauge and compression tested it.

1. 90

2. 135

3. 60

4. 155

While these look like complete shit... I actually suspect sticky valves (fingers crossed)... Up next will be a leakdown test just to see where the leak is. With the valve cover off, all lash pads appear to be in place.

So far, it looks like I've got a right turn front and rear signal, right tail light (left not installed), right rear marker, wipers, horn, starter works.

What doesn't work:

Headlights

Front marker lights,

Heater blower,

Left rear tail (missing)

left turn signals

radio

dome light (missing bulb)

I know I've got a few toasted fuses so that should help a bit. Obviously the missing tail light... (Just need to install new set)

That's all I've got for now.

Wish me luck on the title hunt.

dude fyi ... i forge bill of sales frequently if i dont get one....my license office is so cool the dude tells me to "go back to the car and come back with the right paper work......heres a pen to go with u,  need any paper.."   i do all my shipping through him to ....he treats me good....lol forge one bro

• Like 2

i use the private offices .......not the state run ones ...there dicks .....mines a ups store with licensing......a little hole in the wall place by the asian foot massage place......hey why do they cover all the windows at those foot massage places....anyway kevins the man he can be more expensive but the hookups are worth it...waves late fees and shit .....he will redate late shit for me .....cool fucking guy

Damn, I wonder if there are any of those places around here? The DMV are is a bunch of dickholes.

I'm going to a small small DMV office out in JC. they only have 2 people staffing it.. and never more that 5 people waiting it seems. But it still is the DMV.