The forgotten Beige 69 510 build *Pics fixed through page 16*

Draker

Also, pulling the vacuum advance resolved the cutout above 3500rpm. But now it doesn't feel on acceleration below 3k. I might retard it a few degrees and try the advance again. I've been running at 12 degrees, but seems like the advance was pushing a bit too far out.. maybe if I run around 6 degrees at 750 rpm. Not sure.

• Like 1
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Presumably for an L18, right?....Might be restricting the 2 litre engine imo....I've got a single 48 side draft and I had to order bigger jets.....I'm not too familiar with SUs....but seems that 38 might be small for your motor...

They are fine. I asked about it when I had them at Z therapy. They are a bit lean at idle, about 12:1. But about 16:1 or more above 2500rpm. It's possible the air flow is getting choked at the tiny intake ports of the A87.

Regardless, no replacement for displacement.  B)

• Like 2

Tried to set the total timing to 34-36 at 2500ish rpms.. still was cutting out. Then I swapped the dizzy with a spare... bam! issue is gone and advance is working. Not sure what the problem is with the old dizzy.. probably needs rebuilt. 

• Like 3

How's the cluster you cut holding up? She set in or out?

It's holding up well. But to be fair, our summer has been pretty weak so far. I always put up shades in the window.. and cover the car when it's parked in my driveway. 

If it was Southern California.. or otherwise, it might not be doing so well.

• Like 2

KA is mostly assembled. Need a fuel rail to complete it.

I'll probably buy a clutch and small bits and drop it in my 2 door for testing and wiring. Working on a d21 tank and fuel pump setup as well.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a really nice D21 that just arrived at Greenhill last week....straight As an arrow, KA in it.....I bet that tank and pump are prestine, rig looks great, I still don't get why its there...i didn't ask....I will tomorrow...err....later.

I saw it. The dude didn't want to part it out yet. Al has a some d21 stuff I'm trying to get.

• Like 2

I saw it. The dude didn't want to part it out yet. Al has a some d21 stuff I'm trying to get.

Better hurry, he's trying to rid of lots of shit, he's making room and everything must go, my brother drove up from Roseburg this morning...broke down at mp 187....Al sent his tow guy to pick him up....I arrived at Al's same time as my bro and while we waited I grabbed my tools and took his two remaining belts and the pieces of the one that snapped...while my bro and Al went to get new belts I went with my mom and GF to greenhill to get the windshield and a fender for the 720 I got from Al....couple hours later Mike and my bro arrived at JY to take parts off of the D21 (for my bro) and the two front struts from a 280zx (for Mike) then we went back to Al's to get more parts...lol was a fun day for sure.....ya talk to Al he's getting rid of parts in a hurry.

PS couple days ago Tom finally took his truck from there....today he blew the head gasket....wtf....Mike said he's running around with no fan after just upgrading to an L20b.....WTF shit.... :sick:

• Like 1

Better hurry, he's trying to rid of lots of shit, he's making room and everything must go, my brother drove up from Roseburg this morning...broke down at mp 187....Al sent his tow guy to pick him up....I arrived at Al's same time as my bro and while we waited I grabbed my tools and took his two remaining belts and the pieces of the one that snapped...while my bro and Al went to get new belts I went with my mom and GF to greenhill to get the windshield and a fender for the 720 I got from Al....couple hours later Mike and my bro arrived at JY to take parts off of the D21 (for my bro) and the two front struts from a 280zx (for Mike) then we went back to Al's to get more parts...lol was a fun day for sure.....ya talk to Al he's getting rid of parts in a hurry.

PS couple days ago Tom finally took his truck from there....today he blew the head gasket....wtf....Mike said he's running around with no fan after just upgrading to an L20b.....WTF shit.... :sick:

I'll drop by tomorrow if he's around.

• Like 1

Stumbled across a pretty good load of 510 parts. Most stuff will be for my 2 door. The rest will be hitting a classified near you or being hoarded.. not sure. Pics when the sun is up.. give or take a few hours.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Well... looks like the lows have taken a toll on my exhaust. Cracked in the middle... looks like I'll have to fix this tomorrow after work.

I synced my SU's today. I'll need to adjust the mixture tomorrow and take it on some hills.

• Like 1

I havent done ANYTHING to mine since the weekend before RwD.....just drove her here and there....meh....can't wait til Friday, i wish you could roll out with us....get a hold of HOGIE, i think he's leaving Saturday morning too....don't quote me though....

Going to greenhill in morning to get couple things for the D21 i bought for my mom :thumbup: she has no clue.....she thinks shes getting my 720 :rofl:

Happy and safe travels, Craig, see you on the other side....literally ;)

Call me if you need anything!

• Like 2

Cracked was at the inlet of the resonator. So I chopped it out and put a straight pipe to the muffler. It's a little louder.. or a has a different note. Would be better if more quiet.. but it's better in the cab than it was with the leak. Ill redo the exhaust when KA happens.

• Like 2