The forgotten Beige 69 510 build *Pics fixed through page 16*

Draker

I've been looking into 3d printers for a while now.

One big thing I don't like is. The plastic. Plastic is fucking horrible.

There is some pretty cool carbon fiber printing going on now days that's really turning the corner.

Although I'm not a fan of the look, I do like the idea of not printing plastic. Having a dash or just about anything made out of carbon fiber would be sick!

This is the printer with some modifications. http://www.geeetech.com/unassembledgeeetech-prusa-i3-x-3d-printer-p-941.html

• Like 1
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an engine hoist once.  Loaned it to my bro in law and somebody stole it.

I hate when that happens. I've had this hoist for years.. I borrowed it from my friends dad. I tried giving it back and was like.. eh, you use it more than me. So I just store it for him permanently.

• Like 2

Are you interested in designing and printing the plastic slide block that goes inside the dash pull switches of 620s? I dont know if they are the same as in your 510 though...

I think they are pretty similar. Do you have one that's broken? PM me a picture. I'm thinking it would be pretty simple.

• Like 1

Nice work!  Looks professionally done but still Ratsun by using the original aged plug.  LOL

lol, yeah well the harness is 47 years old. I have the other side of the plug, I could swap it over I suppose.. but the wires would still be ugly. Something to think about I suppose. :)

• Like 1

IR Needed badly! 

I'm still working on the wiring a bit. 69's are different than the later models and have a 4 wire harness to the alternator as well as ground and output.. so 6 wires rather than 4. I should have that sorted out by this weekend. 

New gauges should be here any time.. maybe next week? I haven't heard anything since I ordered them but my order still says "In production". I'm waiting for a new fuel pump to arrive. Nothing wrong with the old one, just was dirty and was also the original pump for the car. I'll keep it as a backup in the trunk so it won't keep me stranded (or anyone else for that matter) on the side of the road for 3 hours (aka Canby truck/shasta trip).

I've got a few more idea brewing for parts I will be printing for the car. Prototypes if not anything else. I'll post those as soon as I have a idea drawn out.

I've been looking for a new steering wheel. I've got an ST wheel in the car. It okay.. but it's blue.. and really ratty. I'm thinking Nardi.

• Like 1