Dash Refinishing 101

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4. While you have the gauge cluster out, switch over to LEDs. They are cheap and a great upgrade that not only looks nice, but is a good safety feature so that you can actually see your gauges at night. 

Do you remember what type of bulbs (base type, # of LEDs, beam angle) you used and where you got them from?

Do you remember what type of bulbs (base type, # of LEDs, beam angle) you used and where you got them from?

I got them from a place called superbrightleds.com. For my specific application I bought five green (WLED-G5) and five red (WLED-R5) though the '69 cluster only needs four of each.

There is an LED cluster thread with other model applications you can check out.

Oh if only headphones then youre golden. I was going to suggest that.

I have some plans for the dash still, but I just need a spare moment to do them. Im in the process of moving so I dont have much time. I should have started earlier, but NissanFest happened and like an idiot I put all my free time towards that instead of packing. Whoops.

Oh well. I have a cigarette lighter and I have an extra fascia pad with a hole so I may try it out and see how I like it.

What about this guy? Don't know what kind of receiver you're running but you could use the 3,5mm as an Aux input and the USB as a charger and/or input (depending on your head unit, of course.)

http://bit.ly/Xp9zH7