ROLL BARS anyone interested 510 610 710 ? ? ?

Hi all just checking to see if anyone would be intrested in a 4 point roll bar am thinking about having some made . I own all 3 models of Datsun so fitmet should not be a problem to go off of. if so we can have something to compare all 3 datsuns to.

My question is? what could we charge for a 4 point 1 3/4 120 wall thick  bar if I can get some made who would like them? am in socal and I dont know how to ship to other areas .I did see some bars for sale on the internet but 400,00 seems to high am thinking 250.00 range

please let me know what you all think ?

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

095 wall would allow me to do track days.... I might take one if you where local.

You should be able to do track days without a rollbar or cage.

$400 doesn't seem like a lot to me for a 4 point rollbar... metal is expensive.  I paid $75 for DOM tubing for my harness bar.

If I couldn't make a rollbar myself, I'd have no problem paying $500-600 for one.  The better the quality is the more I'd pay.

I have a LOW inside roll bar in my 620 4x4 not much room for your head, and door handles had to be trimed  4 point front bar to work. It could be made custom but the cost would be much higher for a truck. 620 KC would be much better for fitment

610/ 710 ROLL BAR would be the same .can someone offer a good layout for a cross bar ? tabs could be added and bar removed for rear seating for street use .one thing to keep in mind is stock seat belts .if you use the car for street use the bar would have to fit around the belt retractor or relocate the retractor to the bar what do guys think ?

i wouldnt have to worry about the stock retractors i like the idea of the cross bar being removeable for rear seating as long as its strong enough for my wrap around harness to attach to 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this built to any designed safety standards recognized by a structural engineer? Are the welds made by a certified welder? Will it pass a tech inspection?  Was it properly engineered to withstand the stresses of a roll over or direct front and side impact? If not, then it's just home made extra scrap metal weight to carry around that gives a false sense of security and in a real accident could fail and increase the risk of injury. Home made roll bars would be as safe as a home made anti lock brake system.

• 2 weeks later...

if you don't think it's safe don't buy one ,you must use common sense when mounting something like a roll bar in your car, you can safely bolt in a 4 point bar in a Datsun for street use .if you look at summit racing they sell roll bars for race use all the time that you order and install at home. Before you do any track time its going to be checked and if it's not to spec you wont do any racing if you look at my first post the tube would be .120 wall and yes I am a certified welder that knows tech

inspectors for the SCCA in my area  

Is this built to any designed safety standards recognized by a structural engineer? Are the welds made by a certified welder? Will it pass a tech inspection?  Was it properly engineered to withstand the stresses of a roll over or direct front and side impact? If not, then it's just home made extra scrap metal weight to carry around that gives a false sense of security and in a real accident could fail and increase the risk of injury. Home made roll bars would be as safe as a home made anti lock brake system.

It's pretty difficult to make an unsafe rollbar.  Even the bolt in Autopower bars will hold up in a rollover...   as long as the right metal is used, and the welds are solid, you're good to go.

Just sayin' anything in the cab with you is potentially lethal. Home welder/installers are not certified and I worry that a weld break on a street car and a pipe skewer someone in an accident, all in the name of looks and a false sense of security.

• 2 years later...