Front drum brakes to disc

ricopico5

Hey there all.. wanted to know if you can give me more info on what exactly is needed to convert the front brakes from drum to disc... I'm in the process of getting parts together.. any info from someone who has accomplished this please give me info i am going to need.

:thumbup: Rico B)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

I did discs on my truck, front and rear,it is a 620, just from the info already posted in this forum. You need to do some reading or pay someone to do it for you if you can't handle it

I didn't join this forum to get smart ass answers.. I was hoping to get info from someone who has done this.. not BS from someone who has nothing better than to reply like this... if you cant say something nice buzz off!!!!

Mike makes disc brake brackets for your truck that uses the 85/86 720 vented disc brake calipers and rotors, his kit uses your kingpins, he is in the process of making a balljoint/disc brake kit that will get rid of the kingpins altogether, I posted the link above.

Sometimes members forget how hard it is to do something for the first time, and how bad the search function is on here.

I believe mike has a "how to" thread, concerning how to install his kits, or it might be on his website, here is a link to his website.

http://www.bluehandsinc.com/

Here is the link to his kits again, and he has kits available right now, but that is not always the case, when he sells out, he doesn't  make any more for a couple years.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/11459-disc-brake-kits-521520320620/

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't join this forum to get smart ass answers.. I was hoping to get info from someone who has done this.. not BS from someone who has nothing better than to reply like this... if you cant say something nice buzz off!!!!

well SOMEBODY from Valley-HO got their panties in a wad! If you can't handle the shit talk, you are on the wrong forum. bro  :baby:  :fu: 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

That's painful to look at.... $1200..... $450 was to get bigger wheels to fit the brakes and then 4 brand new tires so it seems alright! I have posts on my brake install with pics. Just look at my "content" or posts or whatever its labeled as.

Zvm0zH2.jpg

spoonfeedingababy.jpg