Molly Mustard

r0p0doe

Photo Dump since I've neglected this thread...

IMG_20150614_144114_415_zpsr7sp8gxw.jpg

IMG_20150702_064004_891_zpssvjm2syt.jpg

IMG_20150701_154447_264_zpsdlsrzb37.jpg

IMG_20150626_175614_481_zps96dthq3u.jpg

IMG_20150627_084742_zpsk9ah2xjo.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the fitment turned out pretty well

IMG_20150702_200639_zps7blrzuk0.jpg

I actually designed how I wanted my car to look over a yr ago and finally got to carry it out, pretty exciting to finally get it done but I'm still not done yet lol

IMG_20150617_164930_zpszml5lzsr.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after about two weeks of driving with my new setup this happened...

IMG_20150623_075552_691_zpsovdtekls.jpg

My guess it's due to me wrapping my header to keep the heat down plus it's old as shit lol, anyway I ordered one up and had Mario over at TSR weld it up for me.

IMG_20150623_101529_zps4fqf6u9u.jpg

Got the new header but waited a few weeks to install it

IMG_20150625_185910_zps16bvvi97.jpg

While I waited the old pos header cracked again but in a different spot lol so when the weekend came I went a head and installed the new one I got from TEP. I got as much as I could done for the night and mocked up everything else, I would of been done that night but removing the old gasket took longer than I expected.

IMG_20150717_190853_297_zps5cd5p7xp.jpg

IMG_20150718_073827_zpshcxgcvjp.jpg

The next morning I tightened everything down and got the rest of the exhaust out

IMG_20150718_104717_174_zpszrzlnzri.jpg

Yes I drove this thing to the muffler shop with an open header lol, it was pretty damn loud and funny to see all the people get scared and break their necks as I drove past them. The shop I was orginally going to go to was closed by time I got there so I opted for another shop just to get something put on because there was no way in hell I was going to make it a week running a open header and not get pulled over.

IMG_20150718_125903_zpsjifuhkgq.jpg

Got it all welded up after what seem to take forever, the guy was having dificulties getting certain angles and bends. Need less to say when I fired it up to leave you could heard exhaust leaks, so one of the guys gets under the hood and says it's coming from the header and I made no fuss about it because I could take care of that at home. Long story short they did a shit job and I noticed holes in my exhaust the next day, I have an appointment with the shop I originally wanted to go to tomorrow and they are going to take care of all my leaks. Then after that I'm going to get my carbs tuned and all should be good. I'll keep ya'll updated...

• Like 3

SO nice :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

No moar speed bumps......

.....you see what Kalani did??

Thanks man  :D and yea I'm careful, I can go over some but not all it's the short hump speed bumps that get me but I try and avoid them all together along with the fucked up roads lol

• Like 3

Time to stick a 2x4 in the trunk to drive up on whenever you need to jack!

Car is sick good job!

Been meaning to make some "low life" ramps just haven't bothered I've been managing without them so far although it's a pain. And luckily whatever shop I have gone to has ramps or w/e to help me get up, kind of should be standard for any shop tons of cars are low than they should be now days lol. Thanks on the compliment man I'm finally content with how my car is for now, after I get these leaks fixed and the carbs tuned I'll most likely put me a lil sound system B)

• Like 1

yup great work. the new wheels are way better than the 17's. a reinforcement plate on the bottom of the oil pan would help against holes.

Yea the wheels had to go just too damn big lol, these worked out pretty well I must say :) Do you know of anyone who makes one ready to buy or I gotta make it myself ?

• Like 1

Yea the wheels had to go just too damn big lol, these worked out pretty well I must say :) Do you know of anyone who makes one ready to buy or I gotta make it myself ?

no one makes one. would be a straight custom job. ideally you would buy an extra 510 oil pan and either weld a plate at the low spot yourself or take to a metal guy. :thumbup:

• Like 1

So an update.... I went to the muffler shop I originally planned on going to first thing in the morning before they opened so I would have enough time to do everything I needed to for mycar that day BUT. He was only open for a few hrs because he had a funeral to go to but he put it on a lift anyway to see what he had to deal with and boy were we in for a suprise, he pulled out his flashlight and inspected each weld from the shop that put it in and pretty much every spot the welded had a hole in it and once section that was cut to relieve stress didn't even get patched up. He wasn't happy with the work that got done and I was pissed for it being worse than I thought and actually paying for it. We talked for a bit and he's willing to stay a few hrs later than he normally dose to squeez me in during the week so I think I'm going to go back Tuesday so I can get my carbs worked on this weekend :D

After some yard work this morning I decided to treat myself to some In-N-Out and noticed this as I was pulling out my driveway

IMG_20150726_124507_794_zpsdnlsbntm.jpg

Guess I wasn't too safe Kalani  :rofl: anywho I got up under the car and tried to bandage it up for now, gunna keep an eye on it and drive even more careful now...

So about a week ago I got a dm on Instagram from someone mentioning they took some pics they thought I might like. I was kind of uneasy at first cus I thought it was gunna be something raunchy but it turned out to be pics of my car. The guy bmx's and frequents my job with his buddies to film, he took quiet a few and gave me originals and edits so now I give you  PHOTO DUMP!!! :hyper: 

2015-07-20%2002.24.04%201_zps8dkgwlp2.jp

IMG_2536_zpsqgacrpui.jpg

IMG_2538_zpskehs7xbp.jpg

2015-07-20%2002.26.17%201_zpscj8saxfw.jp

IMG_2539_zps0sc9xrla.jpg

IMG_2540_zpseof51pgn.jpg

2015-07-20%2002.28.11%201_zpsgltxz7jl.jp

IMG_2541_zpsvrq8b5fh.jpg

2015-07-20%2002.30.07%201_zpsfmtdqeej.jp

2015-07-20%2002.31.24%201_zpswi0t3j6w.jp

IMG_2545_zpsjl0at7ic.jpg

2015-07-20%2002.33.50%201_zpsit5ebjzx.jp

2015-07-20%2002.34.57%201_zpsagqz7pra.jp

IMG_2547_zpsb6fnwbdx.jpg

• Like 3

Just my thoughts.

That car is cool and really needs cooler wheels. BAD ASS COLOR!!!!!!!!!Love this color on 510s

The header I would go to the stock cast iron set up as I have heard mixed bag about those headers( have in in garage) and if you do install it get it cermaic coated inside and out that will help keep it cooler.

Those headers the bolt holes are slightly not perfect which can shift thus burning out the gasket over time. Also make sure it matchports the intake as some gaskets that come with them are the 1.25inch hole size.

as whats left on the ground? I dont know what it is. Would help to say. Oil or antifrreze. if antifreeze than is it the intake /exhaust bolts not tight or the header not really straight?

If oil leak always ck the oil pressure sender or line or is this from the trans?But Im sure you know this already

try 1/4 inch at a time to raise but keep the look(rake) you have as low is cool but a practival height does help. yes the jack not fitting is a pain and mine is low also. Wish I didnt run a airdam before it was put back together.

Just my thoughts.

That car is cool and really needs cooler wheels. BAD ASS COLOR!!!!!!!!!Love this color on 510s Thanks but the rims fit my budget, I would of like some rare jdm rims but I can't bring myself to drop big $ and run the risk of damaging them as I daily my dime

The header I would go to the stock cast iron set up as I have heard mixed bag about those headers( have in in garage) and if you do install it get it cermaic coated inside and out that will help keep it cooler. Temp has actually been better compared to the old one I was running from them, I am taking extra percautions to keep it cool under the hood as well

Those headers the bolt holes are slightly not perfect which can shift thus burning out the gasket over time. Also make sure it matchports the intake as some gaskets that come with them are the 1.25inch hole size.

Everything was all good man :thumbup: 

as whats left on the ground? I dont know what it is. Would help to say. Oil or antifrreze. if antifreeze than is it the intake /exhaust bolts not tight or the header not really straight?

If oil leak always ck the oil pressure sender or line or is this from the trans?But Im sure you know this already

It's oil coming from the plug due to scraping and being "too low"

try 1/4 inch at a time to raise but keep the look(rake) you have as low is cool but a practival height does help. yes the jack not fitting is a pain and mine is low also. Wish I didnt run a airdam before it was put back together.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Like the wheels..ive been looking to get some like that for my dime, what is the offset of those wheels? They look like they might be 15"

15s yes no offset, :rolleyes:  running 280zx struts if your not running those your outcome will be different...