Molly Mustard

r0p0doe

Heads off just have to wait until I get paid to put it in the shops, and to my surprise It's a z22 block :) I was bummed at first because I have no clue when my car will be done but seeing this it made my happy knowing how kick ass it will be once It's done and tuned.

IMAG0152_zpsbdcfc24c.jpgIMAG0153_zpsfbb52f63.jpgIMAG0154_zps5b06203e.jpgIMAG0155_zps2927da62.jpg

In the mean time I'm going to try and clean the engine bay a little more since I have room and replace a few things.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of an update but I'm taking my dime home sometime this week from my buddies shop because his land lord is complaining that he has too many cars in the lot even tho other shops have tons more. I'm going to get back to finishing it now that I have a Honduh to commute for work which will save me a crap loads in gas compared to this freakin denali I was driving so the $$$ I save is going towards the mini rebuild I'm doing on the motor.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I waited 23 years before I got my 2nd 510.  Got lucky and found a 69 2 door, same as my first.  This one will take a while before I can drive it, but that just adds to the build up and anticipation!!!  Hope to run into you at eagle rock!!  I'll be in the white GMC truck with my boys, so I certainly won't be attracting any attention........But next year, the 69 will be there, I promise!!!

• Like 1

I waited 23 years before I got my 2nd 510.  Got lucky and found a 69 2 door, same as my first.  This one will take a while before I can drive it, but that just adds to the build up and anticipation!!!  Hope to run into you at eagle rock!!  I'll be in the white GMC truck with my boys, so I certainly won't be attracting any attention........But next year, the 69 will be there, I promise!!!

That's cool dude I love the progress on your car so far especially since the kids are helping out. I will most likely be there in my dime I hope if I can have my motor rebuilt by then. I need to see what I can grab and run into all the cool Ratsun folks :)

That's cool dude I love the progress on your car so far especially since the kids are helping out. I will most likely be there in my dime I hope if I can have my motor rebuilt by then. I need to see what I can grab and run into all the cool Ratsun folks :)

We have a very long way to go.  But we have a game plan and we are certainly having fun doing it.  Surprisingly its not overwhelming at all so far and I admit I thought it would be.  We are missing so many parts and buttons and switches and relays and on it goes.  But, the great thing about this is we will touch and feel and know every inch of that car when it its done.  And my boys will not be intimidated to take something apart later down the road.  This last weekend we repaired the floor pan with fiber glass (which if it only has a slight case of chicken pox, works great).  So next it's time to paint the interior parts that will not show at the end of the day and get the pedals, steering column and dash frame installed.  Also looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks at Eagle!!

Ryan Family out!

We have a very long way to go.  But we have a game plan and we are certainly having fun doing it.  Surprisingly its not overwhelming at all so far and I admit I thought it would be.  We are missing so many parts and buttons and switches and relays and on it goes.  But, the great thing about this is we will touch and feel and know every inch of that car when it its done.  And my boys will not be intimidated to take something apart later down the road.  This last weekend we repaired the floor pan with fiber glass (which if it only has a slight case of chicken pox, works great).  So next it's time to paint the interior parts that will not show at the end of the day and get the pedals, steering column and dash frame installed.  Also looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks at Eagle!!

Ryan Family out!

You guys will get there man, I'm excited to see how it turns out...

Sooooo I sold it....I kid i guess Im done with that joke.

IMG_20140306_160543_zpsh6omc1ci.jpg

Dropped her off to get her motor rebuilt I should have her back in a few weeks, I should have pics of the process and all that goodness  :thumbup:

89 mm pistons,and how are you cooling do you run hot,let that thing idle if you have not and make sure what you got on it is keeping it cool,HAd that motor in my truck and it was running a little bit hot.You should  like the power though,Ermish builds those blocks up to 200hp at the crank.

Yes it does tend to heat up when I'm sitting or in slow moving traffic. She can fly but I didn't want to romp on her she's under 100mi on the fresh rebuild. My carbs need to be tuned, she idles high when she's all warmed up. Also going to upgrade to an aluminum radiator and cooler thermostat to keep her cool.

Yes it does tend to heat up when I'm sitting or in slow moving traffic. She can fly but I didn't want to romp on her she's under 100mi on the fresh rebuild. My carbs need to be tuned, she idles high when she's all warmed up. Also going to upgrade to an aluminum radiator and cooler thermostat to keep her cool.

A thermostat with a lower opening temp will not help with it heating up when idling or in slow moving traffic. I'd try a shroud (if you don't have one already) and flush your system and see if that helps. If not, maybe go with an aluminum radiator but the thermostat is not the issue.

• Like 1

A thermostat with a lower opening temp will not help with it heating up when idling or in slow moving traffic. I'd try a shroud (if you don't have one already) and flush your system and see if that helps. If not, maybe go with an aluminum radiator but the thermostat is not the issue.

I'm going to get the koyo aluminum radiator and I have a 10in electric Spal fan that blows really hard. My stock radiator I'm running had a bunch of gunk in it so I got it hot tanked before I got my motor rebuilt thinking I wouldn't have any heat issues but I guess I still do.I'll flush my system once I get a new radiator I don't drive my car that much or very far.

Don't what ever you do buy a champion..they suck shit and balls.get something custom made or at least a koyo radiator they are better built. And I hope that motor runs hard and long..

Yea I'm not going with champion I've hears about the bad reviews and crappy fitment.
  • Like 2