Another Slammed KA 510

SIXTY-NINE-DIME

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've seen someone paint their valve cover white before, but that looks pretty sweet!

Keep it up

Thanks man, the valve cover on my ka was white so i figured might as well do the same to this one. gets dirty quick tho thats for sure lol im sure ill change it soon. i have plenty of valve covers to pick from in my shed.

Going back to the roots ehh? Love it. Keep up the good work!

you know it! thanks bro

Hey if you need anything that's holding you up over the weekend while im gone, feel free to pull what you need out of the car, its sitting out back under the carport, just give me heads up.

I'm gonna go ahead and wait to put it in so we can do the exhaust cut out before i wrap the manifold and downpipe. might as well not take any short cuts. Hopefully everything will still be in your car when you get back lol. 

• 3 months later...

Alright guys, I KNOW I SUCK AT UPDATING MY BUILD THREAD!! i apologize lol. So, to bring you guys up to date, the motor is in and everything is hooked up.. It LOOKS like a perfect set of tits with those cute little pink nipples staring back at me... but its still not running. The fuel pump i was gonna run is pushing way more than my fuel regulator can handle. so heres my question to you guys. What would be the best free flow rate for a carb application such as mine? I'm running a boost referenced adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a range of 4-12 psi. I'd like it to be set at 4 psi, and add a psi for every pound of boost after. I know stock fuel pumps push out some where around 4 psi and 15 GPH, but the fuel pumps that i've found so far that will get up to 12 psi all have a free flow rate of 25-35 or higher. any thoughts?!?! Replacing the fuel pump, tuning the carbs and bleeding clutch and brakes is all i have left!!!!! So i should be seeing you all at FEST.

• Like 3

Gideeeup homefries. That powerplant is looking frickin sweet. still trying to wrap my head around the intake setup. More photos of your boost setup please. Oh, and when do you think you will hit th dyno? By the way, im totally going to thief your coolant overflow idea too.

lol the intake set up seems complicated but its really simple. All credit goes to spudly (casey van lier) for the set up of course. I know a lot of trial and error went into his build, and a lot of trial and error is still to happen to get it to where i'd be happy with it. The thing that i find cool about the R1 carbs is the fact that they "self adjust" with the added boost pressure. thats what those two tubes going to the intake plenum to the carbs is for. The vacuum for the blow off valve is ran from a barb on the carb mani, Casey told me that he was having issues with detonation and feel starvation in higher gears when boosted, so i picked up msd 6-btm and a boost referenced mallory fuel pressure regulator. slap on a subaru turbo on and you got your self a turbo L motor! The piping is temporary, just to get me to fest. Then ill have the side mount plumbed up. 

• 11 months later...