Another Slammed KA 510

SIXTY-NINE-DIME

Hello! First off, my names Raph. You might remember me from my old 69 510 build thread:

sidebar-1-2-1.jpg

I have since sold my old 69 as a shell and stripped it of all its goodies and bought a straighter, yet still rusty 71 four door. My goal was to pretty much turn the new four door into the old four door. When I first bought the 71, it had a single cam ka, horrible interior with no back seat or carper, cut springs in the rear and blown shocks all around, and hideous drag wheels. Now it has:

14x7 SSR Longchamps

1 inch spacers in the rear and 5mm in the front

T3 Coilovers in the rear  

Groundcontrol coils up front with MR2 inserts

200sx Vented brakes

Camber plates

Bumpsteer spacers

Front sway bar

Dual cam 

KA24DE

OBX Header

CAI

full 2 1/2in exhaust with a somewhat quieter turbo muffler

Datsun 510 rear spoiler

Parts that i still need to put on:

Poly Bushings kit

Rear sway bar

rear brakes

new ball joints

Front bre spook

My goal is to take it to JCCS this year, and still has some stuff that need to be done to make the extra long trip. Still would like to replace the tie rods and get an alignment after i install all my bushings and control arms. Body work and paint is in its near future. Alright, on to the pics! (Sorry for the horrible Iphone pics)

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Old Vs. New:

IMG_0277.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you couldnt take care the first 510

Whats up Hainz? Still feeding these kids knowledge I see!

I've been looking at beer taps for shift knobs lol. how's it feel?....how long is the throw?

Feels really good actually. the throws are extremely long due to the tranny being for a napsz motor, but i like it.

all i need is a pic of u cruising a parking lot dragging a fake gun on the ground in this car and i will have your whole photo album saved on my computer....lol....like the longchamps

hahaha well thanks for the love!!

So this is what is currently happening. I started taking out my control arms, t/c rods, and idler arm to replace bushings and ball joints tonight and will finish up tomorrow. Snapped a few pics so you can see what im workin with.

Old Vs. New:

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpgIMG_0289.jpg

Bent LCA:

IMG_0290.jpg

Hopefully ill be able to get tie rods and swap those out tomorrow as well. If not ill have to do them this weekend. Im excited to get this thing aligned to see the difference replacing these will make!!

Oh and Spudly I have your front LCA bushings here.. ill swing em by some time... thanks again for all the help!!

--------

Still gotta install the rest of these parts, swap in a KA Transmission and Change the motor mounts after i get the bushings done. also going to go pick up an R180 with 3:5.5 gear ratio (mine is 3:9 or something of that sort... Extremely short)

IMG_0259.jpg
  • Like 1

Experimental engineering t/c kit uses one stock rubber bushing and a machined Ball/Socket. Their kits are like 37.00 bucks shipped. Just another option if the poly bushes don't work out. I just installed them on mine, and seem to feel way better, granted Before I had worn bushes. Like the new '71. Looks boss with the xr-4's

Experimental engineering t/c kit uses one stock rubber bushing and a machined Ball/Socket. Their kits are like 37.00 bucks shipped. Just another option if the poly bushes don't work out. I just installed them on mine, and seem to feel way better, granted Before I had worn bushes. Like the new '71. Looks boss with the xr-4's

Im going to go that route. Right now I'm running one Polly and one rubber. I installed the the ball joints and bushings yesterday (except the idler arm bushing. That's next) and man what a difference. Still haven't got an alignment, and have a lot of camber on all four corners but it drives straight and turns like butter. Oh and hainz, you gotta remember I'm running 14's with 165/55's. with that small of a diameter tire, my stock diff puts me at extremely high rpms on the freeway. It's like driving my brothers 4spd wagon. Also with these tires launching is not a factor. I just burn out. I'm getting a good deal on it so I'm gonna try it out. If I don't like it ill swap it back out and look for one with 3:7 ratio.

you've seen it jrock..

i don't want to post pics of it now...ill start a build thread when i'm ready and some progress.

back on topic, if you need help with anything just let me know.