Oldy but a goodie for a youngster

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What product are you using for the undercoat/sealing the seams?

This project looks amazing, can't wait to see it finished.

Super spec dtm ( direct to metal ) low luster. I had half a galon left from a trailor I built for a guy.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Just wondering, if you didn't have the left over, would you still choose the same product? I need to redo the undercoating on my Datsuns.

That product is great but it's 50$ a gallon. So when I get there I might look for a cheaper alternative I like just as much.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I thought this was interesting Atom! Interesting restoration of a Datsun 1000 going on at a Nash Met garage.

http://www.metropolitan-restoration-service.com/1959-datsun-1000

ResizeByWidth900500-datson-1.jpg

ResizeByWidth900500-datson-2.jpg

I wrote the shop and they said they were just using a Fatman Mustang II set-up custom ordered from Fatman.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

one thing with using a Mustang II IFS setup you can use original Mustang II rotors and calipers and they are 4 lug so could use some rims like 4 lug panasports etc...

the thing is though its 6 lug from factory! I kinda am leaning toward that. haha. The ideas in my head require time, money, and space. three things I neee more of like everyone else. hahah. some day though. hopefully more soon then later.

I'm sure the '59 will require new brackets, but I'm pretty sure the bearing spacers will work.  I looked into it on Jerry Sallee's '59 and it looks like it'd be pretty easy to do based on the truck kit. :)  Been years since we've talked about it. :)   You were busy......just before Tron?  Time flies :)