El compa_510 sr20det Memorial build!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Are you trying to sell it? ill take it lol.. well to be honest guys im having second toughts of even opening my engine, when i got this engine it had less than 30k so im debating on not opening the block and just building the top end for now till i maybe feel my engine getting tired, then ill bore the block because the pistons that i got are 86.5 and 9:1 comp. so idk im still eehh about might just do 264's ported head stock springs, valves, lifters, ported stock mani and 750cc injectors with 255 pump, and jim wolf tuned ecu, im in a world of confusion right now tho.....grrr

Are you trying to sell it? ill take it lol.. well to be honest guys im having second toughts of even opening my engine, when i got this engine it had less than 30k so im debating on not opening the block and just building the top end for now till i maybe feel my engine getting tired, then ill bore the block because the pistons that i got are 86.5 and 9:1 comp. so idk im still eehh about might just do 264's ported head stock springs, valves, lifters, ported stock mani and 750cc injectors with 255 pump, and jim wolf tuned ecu, im in a world of confusion right now tho.....grrr

Beat on it for a while then rebuild it. 

Plus it will give you a chance to sort everything out chassis and wiring wise...

Like this build!, looks like this will be sr' powered in no time. About your engine, you have a redtop, and they tend to be higher miler engines than the black top (older) please double check that the oil pan is not dented, and pick up tube is good. These engines like to spin bearings. Will be watching this project. Good luck!

I also have the GT2871R and it is only good to 300.

Would have to go with the GT30 (or equiv) to reach our 400 goals right?

That should reach 350-400whp if tuned and setup correctly.

I made over 300whp with a FPBig28 and that's a t25 intake with a t28 exhaust...