Pros N Cons (stretched tires)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should also say, my biggest problem with this whole stretching tires thing, isnt the actual stretch or being unsafe or blah blah. Its that many times people put the widest rim possible on, and then have to run such a narrow tire to keep the tread under the fender. I would never run a wider rim if it meant a narrower tire.

I like tendrils stretch but I think Radims example is too much, thats just me though. My good friend enjoys that amount of stretch and w/e good for him its his car. Safety wise you really need to push or fuck up to de-bead even a really stretched tire so do w/e you like. Just know though the more you stretch the better the odds of damage if you do de-bead. Also it makes repairing a flat a pita, the more stretch the more bullshit you need to do to mount the tire so flats and de-beading becomes a issue daily driving or tracking and not prepared. 

I used to hate ALL stretch because I'm a form over function guy but I have to admit some minor stretch is really growing on me. Tastes change, its healthy, dont let the haters get ya down...  

It's true, just build your car or truck the way YOU want to build it, if other people don't like it, fuck them... They aren't paying for parts, shit it's not even remotely their car.
I like perfect fitment, and by that I mean widest possible wheel, lowest possible offset, with widest tire under stock or relativly stock fenders (Slight roll, ect...)

When it comes to stretching stuff, I honestly just do it to my truck because It's MY truck, It's my beater, It's not a show truck and will never be by a long run.... I have fun with it as anyone else should with their cars..... although all the other cars I've build have had no to little stretch.

• Like 2

Tristin knows me, I hate lots of stretch, but the little amount I do currently have on my wagon I actually like and tolerate. My setup is similar to Tendril's, just they are 175/65s on 14x6s.

Just enough stretch that the lip pokes out a little bit. Normally I prefer to have meaty tires protecting the wheels, I have bent enough lips from low profiles and shitty roads in the past, that I prefer not to go back down that path ever again.

552764_10150938572460336_396338629_n.jpg

183861_10151478976635336_1764308853_n.jp

It must be nice to just make up your own definitions like its some kind of valid point lol. By definition a pro is an argument or consideration in favor of something. Looks most definitely fit into that. Its ignorant to say otherwise when we can see how much effort, time and money gets dumped into how cars look. 

So once again if a person enjoys looking at a stretched wheel on their car thats a PRO.  

stretch reduces movement of sidwall, may increase tire responsiveness somewhat.

stretch reduces movement of sidwall, may increase tire responsiveness somewhat.

For a tire to function at ALL, the sidewall/tread needs to flex.The tire resisting that flex is what causes the car to go around corners or stop/accelerate.Drift cars do it because it reduces grip so it makes it easier to slide.

It must be nice to just make up your own definitions like its some kind of valid point lol. By definition a pro is an argument or consideration in favor of something. Looks most definitely fit into that. Its ignorant to say otherwise when we can see how much effort, time and money gets dumped into how cars look. 

So once again if a person enjoys looking at a stretched wheel on their car thats a PRO.  

Gearhead is correct.And I have made up nothing.Once again I am correct.