Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting out the old floor and getting the new one cut to size. B)

411floor1_zpsc245eb69.jpg

First cuts - lots more to do. The brace is welded in to help keep the tub from bending once the floor and firewall are out.

411floor2_zps3b8503ea.jpg

Whitetub1_zps22f2d6c2.jpg

Lots of cutting to do here!

Whitetub2_zps9c581144.jpg

• Like 2

Today I hope to test fit the white floor pan from the Miata. If it goes well and I can get the front centerline in the right place, I will start welding it in!

Look for some pictures tonight! :P

• Like 1

I think that went a little faster than last time.  :lol:

Is that floor pan just tacked in?

So you left the front frame on the miata floor pan/core, which has the top strut mounts already in position along with the front suspension mount, you are a smart man, that actually reduces it to less than half the work you put into it when you did the 520, did you figure that out while/after building the 520, or you come up with this recently?

What did you figure out for the rear, something similar, or is that going to be custom like the 520?

Great work Bob!!!  :thumbup:

I think that went a little faster than last time.  :lol:

Is that floor pan just tacked in?

So you left the front frame on the miata floor pan/core, which has the top strut mounts already in position along with the front suspension mount, you are a smart man, that actually reduces it to less than half the work you put into it when you did the 520, did you figure that out while/after building the 520, or you come up with this recently?

What did you figure out for the rear, something similar, or is that going to be custom like the 520?

Great work Bob!!!  :thumbup:

It is just tacked in. I need to put the front sub-frame in and double check my front wheel center line. Then I will weld it in.

Yes, I left the all of the Miata frame intact including the strut mounts, suspension mounts, etc. It is too long now and I will need to trim the front of the frame rails and attach the 411 core support to those.

itsin3-3-131_zps5c69f3c3.jpg

itsin3-3-132_zps7f42fd47.jpg

I decided to build this when trying to get that damn L20b running in my 710 coupe. I had a nice Miata that was just one of the "house cars" (a daily driver that any of us can grab any day) and I drove it two days in a row while I was pissed at the 710 not running. I thought; "I should just throw this Miata engine in that 710, at least it would run then." Then I thought about the 411 Goon that I had in one of our storage buildings. I had not looked at it in quite some time. I went out there and checked it out. I did some quick measurements and decided on the spot, this will work. I'm going to do it and I'm going to do it in less than 60 days. That was February 13th.

I have two or three ideas on the rear. I will tackle that this weekend.

I am going to do it in less than 60 days! ;)

• Like 2