Anybody try these flares on a Datsun 1200

B-1-Juan-oh

I tack welded rivnuts and stainless allen caps on my flares, def a better way then self tapers or rivets. 

I see what you mean king bee mean about the flares not being round. The bottom arch is shaped kind of weird. On a tight stance like the car shown it doesnt look back but I imagine with a bugger gap it doesn't look nice. Maybe its to semi match the stock arch shape? Because the rounder inner arches look better with gap but seem to fit the car a little, off? 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean king bee mean about the flares not being round. The bottom arch is shaped kind of weird. On a tight stance like the car shown it doesnt look back but I imagine with a bugger gap it doesn't look nice. Maybe its to semi match the stock arch shape? 

Yes, they match the shape of the stock fender opening almost perfectly. Which was not round either.  :rofl:

One thing i dont like about the zg flares is the front flares never looks right.... on a 1200. they look awesome on z cars but thats because the shape and overall size of the wheel opening is different. the rears are nice but the fronts seem longer and skinnier.IMG_1642.jpg

before I came across the cdm flares I was planning on buying 2 sets of rear zg flares and trying to mold and trim them to fit the front, but threw that idea out the window....another thing i like about the cdm flares is the smaller rivet mold... to me it looks a little sleaker.

Ive seen the ones on ebay on the pickup and they look just like zg's to me

the flares on the geko look good, but i dont have wheels that can fill those bad boys :blush:

Im definitly leaning towards the cdm flares but I would like to take the coupe down to legends (in a couple months when i get it street worthy) and mock them up to see how they look. They also have some without rivet holes, like on the red sedan above, but i dont have the fiberglass skills to get them to stay on there... Thanks for the help errbody

Oh, and one the previously posted pics is my car with the TE27 flares...   ^_^

I thought that car looked familiar... the corolla fenders dont look bad.... but they dont look right either, I think if they were a little beefier it would make them look a lot better on a 1200, but they look great on te27s. I wish I would come across a stash of vintage 1200 flares, bobtails and front spoilers at a yard sale or something....

My CDM Flares Dont look like the ones on that white car... they have a bend where the front of the front flare meets the front bumper relief in the fender. Ill pic to illustrate.

That car has them too, they're just very hard to see...

8124503311_2dfaef8cea_b.jpg

My CDM flares...

crap_008.JPG

One thing I know for 100% positive, the flares I got from CDM are identical to the flares on that HTF Sunny. Is it possible he sold you something else?

• 4 weeks later...
Well got ahold of Les at CDM and got the flares ordered again. so maybe in about 4 weeks i should have my flares,....YES

cOOL. What wheel set up are you gonna use? Im thinking that my 13X8 et4 wheels w/ 185/60r13s  arent gonna fill the fenders... I guess shimming is always an option

FWIW, my 13x8 -32 wheels didn't "fill" them.   :rofl:

man.... im gonna need some thick spacers just to get on your level (about 1.4").... 2" should do the trick, unless I wanna go with the VW narrowed beam look

82341.jpg

cOOL. What wheel set up are you gonna use? Im thinking that my 13X8 et4 wheels w/ 185/60r13s  arent gonna fill the fenders... I guess shimming is always an option

I am going to run my watanabe's front 13x8 +4, rear 13x9 0.  81 210 struts cut down, with 510 inserts adjustable, with a coilover setup on it, custom brake kit (thanx to morrisun & klotz) and a wheel spacer if needed to make it more flush.

I am going to run my watanabe's front 13x8 +4... and a wheel spacer if needed to make it more flush.

It'll be needed.  B)

Very curious to see how the rear fits though. I'm gonna need HUGE spacers to flush the rear on mine, and probably custom wheels down the road. Thinking about the 14x8 -28 Work Equip 03s...

IMG_1562.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be needed.  B)

Very curious to see how the rear fits though. I'm gonna need HUGE spacers to flush the rear on mine, and probably custom wheels down the road. Thinking about the 14x8 -28 Work Equip 03s...

IMG_1562.JPG

the rear will have the 510 goon, h190 with LSD, should bring it out a little, the owner of the 71 skyline thinks i should get the TS fender flares from Japan, i would but b-pro wanted like $600 for the last set he had...... ouch.