1200 SS aka The Baby Nova

jb1200

Well sounds good, consider bridgeported 13b? Not exactly perfect for the street more like full on race car, but the power made by porting a rotary is ridonkulous

Yeah when I was looking into getting the 13B rebuilt that was one of the options.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the advantage(s) over the original suspensions?  Wouldn't a Klotz brake kit and some heavier springs be cheaper/easier/more compact?

I agree, the Morrisun-Klotz brake upgrade would be neat, along with a heavier spring, and R & P setup 

^^Speaking of swaps that make more sense than a SBC...^^^

If it really was a early Nova I'd agree.

1200s are made with such light gage metal that latching the rear seat belts together sucks the quarter panels in.

If this was a aluminum block SBC or some other high end motor of that size we might be more confident that the rest of the car is being built to the necessary standard. But when you are using a heavy and less desirable engine it speaks of not having the resources to do it right. But time tells no lies.

If it really was a early Nova I'd agree.

1200s are made with such light gage metal that latching the rear seat belts together sucks the quarter panels in.

If this was a aluminum block SBC or some other high end motor of that size we might be more confident that the rest of the car is being built to the necessary standard. But when you are using a heavy and less desirable engine it speaks of not having the resources to do it right. But time tells no lies.

I was recently stripping a '71 coupe when I had to cut out a rear valance for a project that I am doing. I trimmed a small flat panel section and it measured .03055 thick...pretty thin guage. Like you said "time tells no lies" I say: time tells---always... 

this thread makes my brain hurt you say you dont care about handling my question is this why are you even working on a datsun? if you want a nova buy a nova there still out there idk like i said i get it big engine little car but come on the next rule in hotrodding is lighter is better if your so insistant on a v8 at least go ls alot lighter and better power save the 307 for something its good for like a truck

• Like 1
Whats wrong with Cummins i ran those in my rigs and that is the best in my opinion,Cat's are great but to pricey.

ohh there's nothing wrong with any of the engines discussed, I meant simply he could be putting an even heavier engine than the 307