1200 SS aka The Baby Nova

jb1200

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I can sure as hell beat the lousy fuel mileage of a V8! :rolleyes:

Back ON TOPIC: that is a bad ass ride with many great ideas.!

One thing I have always been told...people with V8's don't worry about gas mileage. If I wanted great gas mileage I would have bought an hybrid.

• Like 3

I hope that a 1200 speedo is not worth $250.

When parts prices get to high the vulters and owners that have hit hard times start cutting up their projects instead of saving them or passing them on.

I see this a lot with motorcycles. Buy it on CL. part it on Ebay.

Hahaha.  That's 4 times as much as I paid for my last 1200.  What do you want for your blown up rotary?

With or without the Mikuni sidedraft carb and custom intake manifold. Look up the two and then you shoot me your best offer, but please dont low ball me because these two items alone are pretty pricey.

Cool Build. Can't wait to see more. I am a firm believer in V8 powered Datsuns.

Cause you can't beat to sound of one buddy. B)

Wrong. A Ferrari sounds better.  :w00t: 

But I can sure as hell beat the lousy fuel mileage of a V8! :rolleyes:

Back ON TOPIC: that is a bad ass ride with many great ideas.!

My 240Z (sold it) with the LS1 got 31 mpg on the hwy on a 2500 mile road trip. 80 mph was 2000 rpms in 6th.

Who says V8's can't get decent fuel mileage? :thumbup: 

• Like 4

idk man seems like a crap load of work when you can just throw another rotary in there and be done a v8 along with all the suspension stuff you have planned will make it alot heavier while keeping it rotary powered will be cheaper in the long run and just as fun wile keeping the car light and nimble remember the lighter a vehicle is the better it will handle and the faster you can go with less power 

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this.

I mean V8 in a tiny car-I get it.

But there are so many conundrums.

1.This IS Ratsun. Your car. Not mine.

2. Very rare, sought after car-raped/totaled by a sawzall.

3. HP to weight ratio being completely thrown out the window.

4. It's not even a worthy V8.

I hope you get some serious, quality work put down.

Prove all of us foolish.

I can stick my weiner in a light socket. Doesn't mean I should.

And I can guaren-god damn-tee no wants to see that mess either.

Just sayin.

• Like 4
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this. I mean V8 in a tiny car-I get it. But there are so many conundrums. 1.This IS Ratsun. Your car. Not mine. 2. Very rare, sought after car-raped/totaled by a sawzall. 3. HP to weight ratio being completely thrown out the window. 4. It's not even a worthy V8. I hope you get some serious, quality work put down. Prove all of us foolish. I can stick my weiner in a light socket. Doesn't mean I should. And I can guaren-god damn-tee no wants to see that mess either. Just sayin.

i have to agree with everything said here i mean again i get it the basics of hot rodding is stuff the biggest engine in the smallest car possible but what i said teamed with what flatcat said are many reasons to not do it i still stand by this the car is already set up for a rotary get another one build it to the max and run it either way you will be ahead of the game in terms of money spent and labor

I love everything about this project. Also I never knew Nova's ran that fron end setup. It will look right at home under the 1200. any plans for flares and wider rubber?

No flares...I'm gonna tub it in the back and the front suspension will have upper and lower control arms placing the coilover in between the two so I can stick wide wheels up front within the fenders

I love engine swaps.  In fact, 4 of the 6 cars I have right now are swapped.  I just hope this one gets done.  jb1200 has set the bar pretty high for himself.  Is there a projected finish date?

Projected finished time frame is within 3 months give or take 1 month.

Id of stuck with a rotary oh well, v8=more weight.

Yeah orginally I wanted to stay with the 13B but the money to horsepower ratio wasn't where I wanted it to be ($$$$ rebuild for little horsepower). So that's when I decided to go with good ole american power. You see I'm not worried about the weight because I'm not into carving canyons...I'm into cruising and if need be tearing the street up a lil bit.

• Like 1