1200 SS aka The Baby Nova

jb1200

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

weird it seized, i mean, it had a fram so it must have been well taken care of

The previous owner didn't take good care of the vehicle it smoked like a chimney. But that's ok, its given me the opportunity to do this build.

Front suspension: Custom Chevy Nova Suspension

^^Tell us more about this.^^   Are you talking about the bulky, poorly designed, early, Mustang-ish style;  the bulky, poorly designed, mid-year Camaro-ish style; or the '80s FWD, Corolla style?   Are you planning a full tube frame?

^^Tell us more about this.^^   Are you talking about the bulky, poorly designed, early, Mustang-ish style;  the bulky, poorly designed, mid-year Camaro-ish style; or the '80s FWD, Corolla style?   Are you planning a full tube frame?

Im talking about tubular upper and lower control arms with incorporated castor rod.

sucp_1005_10church_boys_nova_bolt_in_ste

What's the advantage(s) over the original suspensions?  Wouldn't a Klotz brake kit and some heavier springs be cheaper/easier/more compact?

It won't be the exact suspension as posted above...here is a better pic of what i got in mind. The advantage to this setup is that its correct for the engine, better handling, and I can install a wider wheel going inward.

1005phr_02_zcamaro_nova_suspension_guide