Danfiveten's 510

danfiveten

So most of you know ive had horrid issues with my work comp for the last 3 years, all i did was want to go back to work, the surgery they forced me to get, well surgeries fucked me up worse, and now they dotn watn to be responsible for me being disabled due to nerve damage and shit, but still all i wanted to do was go back to work and get re trained. Now they are trying to screw me on that stuff, and stopped paying me.  But anyway after a year of dealing with it it sounds like im going to walk away with a settlement.  Lawyer ran the numbers, found out that they screwed up on alot of stuff and if i appeal it i could get back pay, my rights to re-education back, and all that stuff, but instead were trying to settle for 130k ( my medical alone for them would run them 275k for the next 5 years) so thats a lil number for them, so id see like 100k of that after lawyer fees. Which means once that is done, i can go to school, go to work, do whatever i want, i can get my life back, and with that i want a lil treat (this is all explained so i can talk about the car lol)   I plan on putting some money from this into purple, we plan on paying off all bills, and putting money towards a house, but i really want to do something to boost my spirits after all this crap, and now im trying to decide what to do to purple.  And if i have the funds im definatly thinking motor swap, i wasnt before because i knew id nevver have the money, but now that ill have some to play with for once from the sound of it, im trying to decide what to do with her.  Im thinking sr swap, get teh interior done nicely, and have her body work and re sprayed a nice purple, do brake upgrades as well, and get that lil rear spoiler for the trunk thats on that green 510 picture floating around.  But im trying to think what else i may want to do to her, ill finally have some money to do what i never thought id be able to do to her, and just looking for some ideas.  Im not going for show car, i want something i can drive several times a week and enjoy that looks good at meets and stuff, but im not out to win car shows wtih her.  I want her enjoyable. 

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO went out to work on her today and got the carol shelbies finally on, put boxes up against her outside to prevent animals from pissing on the new rims and tires untill i can get wheel covers / get her in the garage in the next week or so with the blue 510.  Anyway i have to take her up to dan hart, in the process of working on the breaks noticed my calipers may be seized, and that im missing a sway bar bolt, completly gone.  Then my back started to lock up and severe leg pain, so i at least finished getting wheels switched and a brake pad slid in, and walked away, need to find new rotors for 77 200sx struts .  Probally have him replace my clutch master while hes at it, first issues the car has had in 15 years.  And god i got to say, i cant wait untill the front end gets rebuilt ( dont want to drive her to much with new wheels and tires untill rebuild and alignment on front end)  but just sitting, damn she looks good with the shelbies on.  I want to move her out for some better pictures. 

10603571_10154545866685331_8764564837575

10635826_10154546151680331_6080732146808

10647794_10154546743625331_614696546_n.j

10614354_10154546151370331_4496512355831

10643402_10154546743740331_2030889497_n.

• 2 years later...

Got tired of the paint cracking.  I wanted to sand more,  but my neighbors were being dicks about the sound.  So for now i got her in purple plastidip.  Looks good from 10 feet.  Happyw ith her being one color,  and not looking like the paint is cracking off everywhere.  

http://imgur.com/cKN8LhN

• 6 months later...