My first car ever, a 1969 Datsun 510 2-Door

Marsh510

And if anybody is serious about helping me, or guiding me in the right direction, my number is 408-306-3861(sorry if it's bad to post it on here) I'm a friendly person who loves Datsuns just as much as everybody else does on this forum.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Theres a few other things you can check too... you can look at your oil and if it looks more like a frothy milkshake than actual oil, or while running if the exhaust smells like burning coolant. I believe Mike mentioned in another thread that you can remove your radiator cap and with the engine running, have a friend rev the car. If you can see bubbles coming out of the coolant coinciding with the revving, then its exhaust gasses being forced into the coolant because of the torn gasket (a technique I wasnt aware of until Mike said it). 

you got the fire order correct o the spark plug wires? 1 3 4 2 counter clockwise fire order.

YOu ck the valve lash.????

Ck the jets in the rear carb? mack sure they screwd down.

if bad rings you would have alot of blowby out the crank case tube .

persoanlly I would put motor on TDC and ck the mecahnical timmingoil pump/dizzy to #1 ply wire? and pull the valve cover to ck the cam timming. This is #1 in any new aquired vehicle. Maybe the MOFO assembled it wrong and thats why you got it cheap.

watch this naked about a million times eating Cheetos.

Beware you might get Orange wiener

http://vimeo.com/19077890

• 10 months later...

Hey guys, happy new years eve! sorry ive abandoned this post, but i plan to post more updates and results on my dime. here is how she sits as of now, when i have more time, ill put up more pictures of the car, enjoy your guys night! MarshallsPictures20132099_zpsc5ac8438.jpMarshallsPictures20132063_zps3a88b3a3.jpMarshallsPictures20132085_zps78f5a67c.jp

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a 300zx (z32) twin turbo transmission, going to order the Mazworx adapter plate soon. also got front and rear z32 brakes. pictures soon. anybody got a write up on making them fit? already running 280zx suspension and brakes in the front, and maxima calipers in the rear. Thanks!

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Yo! I'm horrible with thread posting. Well, one day, I was driving my dime down the freeway, enjoying the nice breeze until i hear huge vibration issues. I get home to find my driveshaft being held by 2 bolts. Decide to pull everything off the car and start fresh. Sold everything off the car, troy ermish rear coilovers, 280zx coilover brake setup, maxima rear brakes, built l20b with 45 webers and dogleg 5 speed and other goodies. My father told me had an SR20 pulled from a 1998 240sx sitting in our backyard since 2000. Only to find out it was a KA24DE. Popped the cover and shit was fresh as fuck. only has 15,000 miles, so i decided to put in my 510. Well, ill leave it at that, pics to come! If you have instagram, Follow me! I post most of the stuff on the car there. Names Marshalloo.

• Like 2