My damned s130

PrimeLuxeZ

Arch you typed that wrong I think... S130's are complete batch fire. z31s are tricky, it depends on the year but they can operate in both sequential and batch fire depending. 

Just plug them in however. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arch you typed that wrong I think... S130's are complete batch fire. z31s are tricky, it depends on the year but they can operate in both sequential and batch fire depending.

Just plug them in however.

Hmm I'll have to recheck that last time my memory serves they weren't batch fire since the Z31 run on batch fire either way should be hard to figure out.

*I just researched it and I was right 280zx injectors fire at the same time so the order doesn't matter the Z31 is where it does matter so he can plug them in any order.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Update!! 10/10/13

Okay so I finally took the time to work on the injector connectors, because I had a lot of motivation for some reason.

First things first, I went to Auto Zone and bought a packet of this. Cost me a $1.90. Overpriced shit, but I needed it.

2013-10-09111144_zps07154e7b.jpg

Then I proceeded to add a good amount to each connector, I don't want them to corrode. Because I will be replacing the injectors eventually. 

2013-10-09111205_zpsf98a202c.jpg

Then I taped the ends of each connector with electrical tape, because well I don't have the boots, and I added heat shrink at the end of the tape, I really really don't want it to get corroded. And They came out looking nice.

2013-10-09114242_zps2dbd56f4.jpg

Here are all six of them done, ready to install.

2013-10-09115017_zpsc05b9613.jpg

What do yall think?

So here all six of them looking nice and spiffy, and new.

2013-10-09120305_zpse19ed8eb.jpg

So what I have decided to do, instead of running them over the intake and It looking all ugly.

2013-10-09120257_zps9edf6faa.jpg

Im going to open up the harness, and remove all the wires from that harness all the way to the firewall, and run them behind the intake.

2013-10-09131258_zps2fc17322.jpg

Disconnected this, because it was in the way.  (anyone know what that is)

2013-10-09131306_zps7af6a4b0.jpg

So right here, the harness cover is in two pieces, so what i did was hold it in place so all the wires wouldn't fall out, and pulled the wires for the injectors down lower, and used tape to hold it back together to keep the rest of the wires covered. 

2013-10-09131522_zps66f2cf70.jpg

Then from here, my dad came, and was like you should probably hook them up really quick to see if they work good, before you do all that work. 

So I hooked up the harness to the injector connectors, since they fire in batch. So It didn't matter in what order, from power neither ground, since its just an actuator basically. So took me a good 3o minutes for that, and hooked up the battery from my Del Sol, I'm surprised it actually could crank the Z, wasn' starting so I was like damn, okay Ill let the fuel pump prime for a bit, tried again, and nothing, Then I thought okay everything is connected so thats good, last time I started it it was good, so that ruled out the fuel pump, but I overlooked the simplest thing, It didn't have gas, so I stole some of my dads gas he had aside, and added maybe half a gallon or so, I tried it again, and It was just cranking, on about the 4th try it started right up for about a good 15 sec, then died out, so I was like okay, were good, tried it again, and it stayed on, it was idling a bit high and I fixed that with the adjuster screw. 

So before it had a misfire in like three cylinders, and now when I rev it it sounds good and strong, and doesn't smoke as much as it used too. So thats a good sign. The only issue I'm having now, is some hesitation when I rev the engine, up. But it doesn't bog down, in gear no more and can actually hold its own going forward and in reverse, so Im happy with that. So now I will be running the harness properly, so it won't be as visible.

• 8 months later...

Okay so I actually did something, not really I just want to get the car running on its own four, 

I have a list that I made of something I need that are necessary for it to run fine and some things I want to do to it.

But I will post it tomorrow, a bit lazy today. 

But I do have two pics for the Datsun masters, I need help locating the positions where this one vacuum line goes to if its important at all.

I think my dad blocked it off when he had it.

On the second photo its the vacuum line where the white mark is I believe

2014-06-16191610_zps75aa148e.jpg

2014-06-16191630_zpsdd897edf.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I got it running today again, after so long waiting first time it ran since i replaced the injector connectors. But the car has issues turning on its own. I have to use starter fluid, and give it a jump. Im thinking the ground wire and the wires that go to the starter have to much resistance because the starter turns over really slowly. So hopefully more work will be done to the car. 

• 3 months later...

So much work has been done to her. I replaced the ignition coil, the fuel filter, man o man was it dirty, after seeing what came out of the fuel filter i may need to drop the tank and clean that out.

I also added about a half tank of gas, and added a bottle of b-12, it helped out a lot. The car was smoking bad, but after the b-12 the car stopped smoking and had a little bit more power.

But there is something causing it to sound like its misfiring a bit around 4500 rpm and above, I also think I heard the injectors clicking, Im debating if I should replace them or something.

Also I may need a new thermostat, because I also flushed out all the coolant, and added new coolant. So now the car spits out the top rad hose from the thermostat housing, stuck thermostat right?

Will be buying a spectra filter from Auto Zone because :thumbup:  I work there. :applause

And will be putting on the magnaflow muffler I have from when it was first on the 300zx.

Thats pretty much it, Ill upload the photos later.

• 2 weeks later...

just read through this, things are coming along nicely!

Thanks, So I also may just buy a new starter, or should I replace the relay.

I have trouble with the starter not turning over all the time, And also a new battery or something with some good juice.

So battery, Starter and relays.

Do all 280zx have a slow throttle response, or could it be the vane air flow meter.

• 4 months later...

Update 3/26/15

The car I cant get rid of.

Nothing has happened actually except that i cleaned out the trash interior that was piled in the back.

With the carpet foam.

So Im thinking I may buy new seals for the turbo injectors I took off a turbo z awhile back and use them on the 280.

And see how it runs.

Also I need to wire up the 300zx seat to operate it and it needs to be bolted all the way down.

Small steps for now.

Snapchat-5819130171008545045_zps0tw1pyen