My damned s130

PrimeLuxeZ

Whats up, RATSUN
I'm 20 I reside in Texas, I love Datsun and Nissans. I attend UTI
I'm pretty new to RATSUN, just been lurking around for a couple of months, a member from Stanceworks said I should join, so here I am. His name ther is Mattyhacks71 so a shout out to him.
I fell in love with the stance scene when i first learned about it. Well I've always loved lowered cars. (mini trucks, lowriders, bagged dulleys etc..)
Little back story to the 280zx, My dad bought it off of an ex-coworker, and the guy told him if he could get it running that he could have it for $25. So my dad a mechanic with many years of experience did some work on it, turned some wrenches, poured some oil, replaced filters. Enough to get that sucker out of there and running on its own 4 wheels. So about a couple of hours spread out into a week, we had ourselves a Datsun. (with no title :( ) But who cares it was $25 Dollars, if that isn't a bargain I don't know what is. 
Pulled most of this off from my another forum.

Heres some pictures of my canvas, that has seen better days. The body is very straight.
HPIM1207.jpg

Please pay no attention to the huge R and lettering, my dad put that, thinking it would be nice. Will be removed eventually.
Ay adds ten horsepower. :rofl

HPIM1206.jpg

And the horribly horrible interior, looks like a tiger was let loose in that thing.

HPIM1208.jpg

The hood open, all cars deserve front hinged hoods. Its just the right thing. 
HPIM1205.jpg

We actually turned it on before I received it from my dad, that's when I fell in love with.
The exhaust is disconnected right behind the cat. So it was loud. (excuse my spanglish in the video)
th_HPIM1211.jpg

As you can tell in the previous pictures there is surface rust on both rear quarter panels so I started working there first
HPIM1212.jpg
HPIM1213.jpg

Primed and removed rear bumper. It is literally a big piece of rust being held together with the plastic. Got rust bits in my eyes, taking it off. That fun.
HPIM1216.jpg
Better pic.
DSCF2061.jpg

Then this happened, if youre wondering why. The hood is going to be replaced since its not worth fixing. So I was like eh, why not right, so I attempted to do a rising sun.
DSCF2064.jpg
So I ran out of Rusto black about here.
DSCF2066.jpg

So I had to dig into my Graffiti stash. And found this can. Sabotaz brand, Maypo black 600ml. :alright
That really helped calm down my urges to go bombing.
DSCF2067.jpg
And done with the bottom coat of black.
DSCF2070.jpg
Then I drew a way to small of a circle
DSCF2073.jpg
Sun rays all crooked and what not.
DSCF2074.jpg
Painted and ran out of red. :(
DSCF2076.jpg
You can tell how unplaned this was, looks horrible. But better then rust right? 
And adding this im up to about 25 hp gain with all I've done to it.:rofl
DSCF2078.jpg
All the shitty interior in the hatch. 
DSCF2079.jpg
For some reason I still set it down gently.
DSCF2084.jpg
Found rust, YAY! 
DSCF2082.jpg
Because red house carpet in your car is playa. And some leafs, bitches love leafs.
DSCF2083.jpg

Still has this.
DSCF2085.jpg

-PrimeLuxeZ

Here is the only part of the car that actually looks nice, and you can't even see it. The headliner, my Jefe replaced it awhile back. Off a good car at the local Pick N Pull
DSCF2099.jpg

Then the seat removed.
DSCF2101.jpg

Vacummed all the dirt, and removed carpet. (my reason for that was I didnt want any dirt and dust flying everywhere when taking this 20 something old carpet out)
DSCF2102.jpg

Then Fender mirrors mocked up, they were "free" at the local picknpull. Couldnt really get a good angle.

Then found some more rust on Passenger side. Yay! :rofl

Then started to remove this, im planning on putting bedliner all over the floor panels. What do yall think?

And then i started to remove the foam and plastic covering the dash. It was all cracked anyways.
I'm going for the skeleton of the dash, I'm thinking it will look pretty neat and different, havent really seen anyone do this.

Speaker you're not a leaf, you're drunk get out of here.

I'll post more as I upload photos, thats all I have so far. :alright

-PrimeLuxeZ

Update-12/17/12

Just a small update.
 Here is some more of the dash foam removed.

And if anyone remembers me saying I was going to replace the hood. Here it is i got it off an 83. :alright

This little piece was dented, I think someone was trying to steal it or something inside of it when we had it parked outside, They wouldnt of got anything valuable anyways. So it was rely bugging me and bought a replacement. :shifty

How much has been removed from dash and from the floor.

How its progressing.

And 104,xxx miles, not so much for an 1980 Datsun.

Thats all that has really been done to it so far, ive been busy working on the z31.
But will have more updates soon hopefully.

-PrimeLuxeZ

UPDATE! 1/19/13
Wow time goes by fast, its already the 19th WTF! 
Okay, anyways.
So finally took the time to remove dash skeleton and remove the rest of foam.
Removed wire harness, did some cleaning to it, and only got to primer it, since I go to school at night.

Gave it about 5 coats of rattle can primer.
And now it awaits the black paint. 

I was thinking should i go all out and paint it a different color that pops, like sky blue, or electric green, or maybe do a rising sun on it?? Let me know what yall think.

-PrimeLuxeZ
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For $25 bucks is not bad, are you going to get a title for it and get it on the road sometime? It's always nice to see someone appreciate the S130's, if you ever get on HybridZ.org you will see a lot of love for them too! What are your plans on the engine keeping it stock? Modifying it?

If you and your dad ever want another one I got a 81 280zx with a L28ET swap and a parts car with good parts.

Oh yes planning on that, I'm thinking of selling my z31 to fund it.

I haven't really thought it through. Carbs and cam? Turbo? or maybe full powertrain swap. I was looking into either vg30dett, Rb, 1uz, or 2jz. Not really sure. So many choices. But i'll put that decision off until everything else is straingt mainly, chassis, and body.

I'm aiming for something different that you usually don't see. 

How much you selling all that for?

Lol thats what I said. Can't beat that.

Maybe more stickerz on front window.? Who needs it anyways

lol

I know the feeling man sometimes people are short on money I had locals come look at the car drove it and loved it even though it wasn't driving 100%. I had one young guy that wanted the Z so bad as a project for his class and never heard back from him maybe he found something else?

It will take the right person I just need them gone or I would keep it and fixed it up.

aiight dammit.. what do you write?

lol what. Graffiti wise if you're asking. I write polo and my crews acronym is PTW.

Lol did you say life or death situation lol jk.

By any chance is your name Marcos? Because a friend showed me that same Z31 yesterday he's into Z31's himself.

Haha no I did not, I shoulda tho, would of made it more important.

Yeah it is actually, does your friend happen to be on z31performance.com?

lol what. Graffiti wise if you're asking. I write polo and my crews acronym is PTW.

Haha no I did not, I shoulda tho, would of made it more important.

Yeah it is actually, does your friend happen to be on z31performance.com?

Yup Graffiti.

There is so many writers that mess with cars I keep seeing.. and cool ones at that!

I write

Totem2

Tats Cru.

Yeah graffiti down here isn't that big, like say California or New York. It just depends what town of Dallas you live in. Like the one I do, is where it's mainly the biggest I would say. But I haven't gone out and bombed in a couple of months, and I always get that itch of going. I sometimes do some quick sketches every once in a while, so I don't loose my skills. Takes a lot of practice not to be a toy. LOL

Thats pretty cool.Email me some pics of your work. marcos_gonzalez_13@ymail.com