My Savannah620

TIGrant

Today, I finally removed the original carburetor along with the intake and exhaust manifolds.  Next step, clean as much as I can, purchase a header and reinstall everything.  New Weber carb.

datsuninspectionplate_zps454facfe.jpg

datsunenginedesmog3_zps89f445cd.jpg

datsunenginedesmog_zps49e4d332.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a soldering tip: before you solder you should twist the wires together in some manner. A direct copper to copper connection has less resistance than solder (solder is a poor conductor compared to copper).  Here's a good example of one way you can do it (and use flux on your wire...solder will flow much nicer).

32NE0334.GIF

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I installed my Weber carb. over the summer, never got around to posting the photos.  I just put my EGR valve back on after a failed attempt at an egr block plate.  I cleaned it up and painted it.  Used an oil plug to seal off one opening and tapped some threads in another opening to be able to seal it as well.  Turned out pretty good.  Starts great but I need to tune it, has a high idle.    

IMG_6901_zpsaw03nbna.jpg

IMG_6904_zps1ad9jq7d.jpg

IMG_6903_zpsvxmczpje.jpg

IMG_6902_zpsy3hk2emi.jpg

• Like 2

Thats a lot of capping. Wouldnt it be easier to simply cap the manifold face and add an elbow for the PCV?

Two caps to close openings.  The goldish plate came with the weber carburetor.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Progress is extremely slow.  After realizing my gas tank was pretty dirty I removed it and am in the process of cleaning up.  I've already resealed the inside with POR 15 gas tank sealer, now I'm killing any rust and painting the outside of tank.  Pictures soon to come.  I decided to clean, treat any rust and paint the gas filler tube while I was at it.  Below are some before and after photos.

IMAG1720_zpsefu0eo8m.jpg

IMAG1719_zpsgquarsgr.jpg

IMAG1718_zpsyozghnnd.jpg

IMG_8036_zpsn993bkbr.jpg

IMG_8037_zpsdf5mhwjt.jpg

IMG_8040_zpsaj3rdxhe.jpg

IMG_8041_zpsex813974.jpg

IMG_8042_zpsjis5slqn.jpg

IMG_8043_zpsxxcwzmmx.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I'm an hour northwest of Athens and have a fair supply of used part, been playing with these trucks for over 25 yrs now and more than happy to help out.

I'm now living in Mississippi, wish I could browse your supply of parts.  If you are willing to ship any let me know.  For the right price of course.  Thanks!!

• Like 1

Finished up the fuel tank finally.  Went with red because for some reason I had red paint on hand.  I don't remember buying it but it looks okay.  

IMG_8471_zpshgthjn13.jpg

IMG_8473_zpsy7fwdbre.jpg

IMG_8475_zpsueizcefp.jpg

• Like 2